All Topics / Opinionated! / “Why some get it and others don’t”…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of BillfromozBillfromoz
    Participant
    @billfromoz

G’day…

The difference is…

“What this power is, I cannot say”. All I know is that it exists…and it becomes available only when you are in that state of mind in which you know EXACTLY what you want…and are fully determined not to quit until you get it “

Alexander Graham Bell(1847-1922) Nothings changed!
    Steve McNight and others that DO IT….2003

Another long, but true story.

I had a buyer on a property that said “yes we will go ahead as we have sold in Tasmania” and it settles in 3 weeks. Something “kicked in” call it “gut feeling “…so I asked their okay to check with the Agent that everything was going according to plan.

He was most unhelpful…”yeah contracts exchanged and buyers moved in and paying rent”. He had deducted his commission from the deposit and “nothing to do with me” attitude.

I checked telstra on line….buyers not listed.
    Rang my brother in Perth who had a reverse directory and got the number of houses either side of my purchasers house in Tassie.

Rang one of the next door neighbours and asked them to “pop in” and get the buyers to call me.
    Turns out the Agent got them to sign a contract..no solicitor…and a firm settlement date now about 2 weeks away.

” But we told the Agent we can’t settle until we sell in New Zealand”…….Bl***y hell.
    The NZ deal was a deceased estate and not even being marketed…just a sign out front.

Arranged a finance broker in Tassie to visit buyers who organised a loan of 80%. No other $$ available. Had lengthy discussion with buyers on my deal…they agreed to an unregistered 2nd mortgage at 0% interest, payment within 6 months or settlement which ever came sooner for the buyers of their Tassie house…the broker said it was already that tight they could not service anymore than the 80% and would not approve loan if other payments had to be made. Between all parties concerned we made the best of it.

Win/Win/Win deal if ever there was one.

My deal done..Tassie done…NZ done 4 months later

It felt like someting else had taken over and was guiding me, right from that first “gut feeling”. My deal HAD to be done…and NOTHING was going to stop me in that frame of mind. I just KNEW it was going to come together.

Hope this helps

Billfromoz

Profile photo of BlackHoleBlackHole
    Participant
    @blackhole

Great story telling, even better coz it was real [:D]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.