Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Lou43InfoLou43Info
    @lou43info

Hi everyone
    Does anybody have any idea about property law kits purchase and sale, do it your self, Im purchasing a porperty from a relation and we agreed on the price and decided to exchange contracts between our selves, via the law kit.
    regards

Profile photo of traceyimbtraceyimb
    Participant
    @traceyimb

[:D]I have done this once before in NSW, it was a total headache and I would not recommend it to anyone. I was the vendor and I ended up hiring a solicitor to do it. The kit was a waste of money. When I called up the helpline as I had a problem with the title search they did not help at all!! My advice – use a professional.
    Has anyone else had a better experience than this?

[email protected]

Profile photo of Elysium-MElysium-M
    @elysium-m

Hi guys,

I’m in the process of writing a guide on doing your own settlements in Perth. the launch has been delayed because some major things in the settlement process have recently changed (eg stamp duty). But I had a few people use the guide earlier in the year for properties they bought, and everyone’s settlements went smoothly.

That said, conveyancing in WA seems a heck of a lot less complicated than in NSW.

I think it depends on how complicated the process is in the particular State or Territory you’re buying or selling in, and whether you’re dealing with someone you know or a stranger on the other side.

Cheers
    M

Profile photo of bribiebribie
    Participant
    @bribie

In the early days we had done our own conveyancing to save money. The divorce law reorm society had a kit available. Now days, we have found a solicitor who will do things at a reasonable rate and saves us a lot of time and headaches and the solicitors fees are tax deductible for investment properties.

bribie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘LAW KIT’ is closed to new replies.