All Topics / Hotch Potch / Buying a Business or Property?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of wolverinewolverine
    @wolverine

Hi all,

I thought I’d throw this one into the mix to get peoples views.

I’m in my early thirties and earn a salary of around $150K. My home is fully paid off in Sydney and worth around $500K.

I’m now tossing up whether to start investing into property/shares. Or whether I should buy a business which can generate another cash flow which will allow me to invest in two to three years time.

I’m looking at staying in my job and purchasing a franchise that I can have under management. For around $450K I can buy a Video Ezy, Gloria Jeans, Michel patisserie etc.. that would generate around $100-120K net cash profir before interest and tax. I can also get bank funding on the business @50% so that $225K would be drawn down on my home equity @7% and $250K taken against the business @9%.

My ultimate aim is to be able to leave my employment in about 3-5 years and have a good cashflow being generated by upscaling my businesses to about 3-4 outlets.

Profile photo of Daniel2Daniel2
    @daniel2

Hey Wolve.
    Me and a friend are leaving the ip’s for a couple of years until we can get our business off the ground and running,also my first child is on the way which makes it just a bit more difficult.
    Yep for me it’s business before ip’s.
    Good luck[:D]
    Daniel.

Profile photo of BlackHoleBlackHole
    Participant
    @blackhole

Wolverine, you are a lucky man! Wish I had that choice. Personally I would open a Subway franchise, get some blue-chip shares and a positive cash flow property. Multiple streams of income!

Profile photo of fulloutfullout
    @fullout

HOw much is it to start up a Subway franchise? Including the stock and equipments?

What about other francises?

Discount is King, and Free is grandaddy of all Kings!

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

I looked into subway, and it’s not all that much to start up. $79-210K. If you go to the website it’s got all the info you need. I assume (I haven’t looked at it in a while) it would be http://www.subway.com

I then wanted to buy an up and running subway at about $500K, but I thought that I would not run around and do 10 different strategies, that I would just let lag catch up, and buy some more +ve cashflow properties so that I can quit work and invest full time.

Cheers
    Mel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Buying a Business or Property?’ is closed to new replies.