All Topics / Hotch Potch / Where could I get past sales data?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of Agent007Agent007
    Participant
    @agent007

I’m based in Adelaide so my initial query concerns SA. But I’m also interested in other states for further down the track.

The Land Titles Office is a good source. But limited in the data shown. I believe there are other more detailed sources.

But does anyone have any other sources for getting past sales data and any other relevant data?

Any good websites? … (maybe free sources – boy, I’m starting to sound like an IP now).

The free resource Steve mentioned on either his “Tales from the Trenches” or “Fast Track” tapes is no longer free. Unless I missed a free link on the site.

Thanks,

David Paxton
    New Homes Consultant
    Sterling Homes
    0412 853 395

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

Bond ..James Bond…

LOL

quote:

Any good websites? … (maybe free sources – boy, I’m starting to sound like an IP now).

You feel like a IP (Investment Property) ?
    I think you mean PI (Private Investigator.. NO Property Investor!)

I cant help much, we use the “Auction Results” in the local paper. But there is no history.
    [:)]

Regards,
    Arty.

“Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Participant
    @arty

Bond ..James Bond…

LOL

quote:

I cant help much, we use the “Auction Results” in the local paper. But there is no history.

Regards,
    Arty.

Participant
    @arty

Bond ..James Bond…

LOL

quote:

Regards,
    Arty.

Profile photo of Traci-leeTraci-lee
    @traci-lee

Hi,
    In the past when I’m looking at a property in a certain area I ask the local RE for a list of recently sold properties. They suscribe to a site that has the info (sorry I can’t recall the name). They will give it to you for free.
    Also http://www.domain.com.au has a previous action results link within their site, although for smaller areas it rarely has too much info on it but you might get lucky.
    Regards
    T.

Profile photo of camvivcamviv
    Participant
    @camviv

Try these sites but they cost money

http://www.homepriceguide.com.au/index.cfm?source=hww_ymm&cb=1003125616

http://residex.com.au/

or buy October Issue of Your morgage Magazine it gives a median price for 2002 and 2003

Cam.

Profile photo of BlackHoleBlackHole
    Participant
    @blackhole

Not meaning to sound like an @ss, but are you really a Real Estate Agent that sells new homes? You guys have access to every suburb with a few keystrokes.

Profile photo of Agent007Agent007
    Participant
    @agent007

Thanks guys.

Blackhole, I am not a real estate agent (otherwise yes I would have that data). I sell new homes for a project builder. We have NO sales data because that is irrelevant for us. I do quotes & sign them up, & Sterling Homes builds them.

Any other sources would be appreciated (also by other forum members too).

Thanks!

David Paxton
    New Homes Consultant
    Sterling Homes
    0412 853 395

Profile photo of TeacherK6TeacherK6
    @teacherk6

Hey there 007 :)

I find some past sales data by visiting http://www.realestate.com.au click on the “sold properties” tab, pop in your search and past advertised properties will show up. one trick i found was that if a sold property was done at auction, the figure reached would sometimes show in the loans calculator box located at the bottom right hand corner of the page showing the property…

Hope this helps !

Jason :)

Profile photo of enduserenduser
    @enduser

Buy “Australian Property Investor” magazine which is bi-monthly and in newsagents. Lots of research services advertise in this but they charge a fee. For Victoria, Stae valuer general puts out a very extensive annual on prices by smallish areas and is very useful.

In NSW and Queensland you can get actual address history but in Victoria privacy legislation means you can only get as close as the street name.

They all use medians as their data, mean and standard deviation would be far more useful.

Profile photo of xyzzyxyzzy
    Participant
    @xyzzy

In NSW the local council can be asked for the ownership details of a single property a day which has the sale price on it. I just leave my weekly list with them and next week collect last weeks info!

Councils have in the past sold the information!

Profile photo of walkernickwalkernick
    Participant
    @walkernick

we have a fantastic mortage broker who provides the same info as home price guide/residex for free. find one like him =)

-nick

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Where could I get past sales data?’ is closed to new replies.