All Topics / Hotch Potch / Property Investing Chat Room

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of BlackHoleBlackHole
    Participant
    @blackhole

This site needs to have a chat room so people can ask/answer questions about property investing in real-time.

Profile photo of SmaointeSmaointe
    @smaointe

If there can’t be an official chatroom on the website, it’s not difficult to set up a room on IRC (eg Austnet).

I would love to talk to people in real time. Forums are great, but sometimes you just want to have a nice chitchat with people.

Would it step on anyone’s toes if we set up a chatroom on IRC?

– Emma

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

Smaointe/BlackHole i have trouble keeping up with the post in here now…. LOL [:D]

We could have real time biffo in the chat rooms too … [:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

[:)]
    “Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

I have 5 years experience running a chatroom for shares. I dont think a chatroom for property would work well. The share market is open 6 hours, so the bulk of conversation occurs during this period. The property investors are likely to chat after hours, which would make it hard to string together a conversation. From a social perspective it would be good. I would probably listen in if you do get one off the ground, and would be happy to support it.

http://www.posigear.8k.com

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

We are looking at bolting on a chat room at a later date, but it would only be open a selected times to discuss a particular topic so that it could be like a mini online seminar.

This may be some time though.

Bye,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Steve

I like that idea, it stops it becoming just a social lounge for rubbish.

Cheers
    LeigH K[:D]

Carve your own path and lead the way …

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

I like the seminar idea..[:D]

but it would be hard to arrange times that most of us can be online at the same time…

Unless we have a seminar room, and advertise the forum times in the MEDIA forum board…[;)]

and also have a 24/7 room for those that just want to chew the fat at weird hours..
    [;)]
    to keep everyone happy [:D][:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

[:)]
    “Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Profile photo of 2muchmoney2muchmoney
    Participant
    @2muchmoney

hi alll

yeah i agree with arty
    I like the seminar idea..

but it would be hard to arrange times that most of us can be online at the same time…

Unless we have a seminar room, and advertise the forum times in the MEDIA forum board…

and also have a 24/7 room for those that just want to chew the fat at weird hours..

to keep everyone happy

that would be great as i work shift work and would love the real time chatting

p.s this is an awesome website

simon

Profile photo of VaslavVaslav
    @vaslav

hi people,

hmm why not we have a Chat Room in IRC (AUsnet Server? ) whoever that’s in there can log in and hopefully someone’s there :P

#property

how does that sounds?

Kev

@vaslav

i think we just need to spead the words around and perhaps someone who’s good with IRc could be the Ops? i am hopeless with that functions.

Kev

Profile photo of wattowatto
    Participant
    @watto

G’day all,

Somersoft forum has a pretty good chat room. Always someone about willing to chat about almost anything…

Use mIRC or use the chatroom link in the forum home page…

“Welcome to the Investment Property Chatroom (#ipchat), watto!

When you enter the chatroom, you will be identified using your preferred nickname: watto.
    If you want to change your preference you need to edit your profile (in the user control panel).
    At the bottom of the page in the “Additional Information” section, you can enter your preferred nickname in the “Chat Nickname:” field. Hit the “Submit Modifications” button to save your changes.
    You can use your forum nickname if you wish, or you can choose a totally new name.
    Alternatively you can change it temporarily once you are in the chat using the /nick command.
    By entering the information into your profile, you won’t need to change it every time you enter the chatroom.

For example, once in the chatroom, to change your nickname to stuart, you would type:

/nick stuart

When you enter the chatroom, if your nickname is already taken, you will be assigned a random nickname that may look something like “s15678”, you should use the /nick command to choose a new nickname.

Note: To use this chat feature you must be using a Java enabled browser such as Netscape Navigator 3.0 (or higher) or Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0 (or higher).

The first time you use the chat software on your machine, you will be asked for permission to install and run it. Please grant the permission when the pop up window appears from Netscape or IE. The window will say something similar to: “Do you want to install and run “jIRC applet” signed on 15/02/2002 6:29PM and distributed by: JPilot Software Company”… you MUST click on “yes” to allow the chat to work !

You can also access the #ipchat channel with any IRC client. Just point it to irc.blitzed.org:6667 and join the #ipchat channel. You can download an IRC client from http://www.mirc.com/. “

Come in and join us all…

Cheers
    watto

@vaslav

Watto,

that’s great.. now guys there you go.. but what Server are you using? differetn server has a different IpChat :P

Kev

Profile photo of wattowatto
    Participant
    @watto

ummmm i think this what u need….

server: irc.blitzed.org

Port: 6667

All welcome…..

cheers
    watto

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Property Investing Chat Room’ is closed to new replies.