All Topics / Opinionated! / E-nuff Negativity!

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

This forum board exists as an encouragement vehicle, not an opporunity to be negative to other people or ideas.

Let’s lift each other up with helpful thoughts rather than shooting people down with opinions based on fear.

Be critical where needs be, but do so constructively rather than maliciously.

Onwards and upwards!

Warm regards,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of suzieqsuzieq
    @suzieq

Good on ya Steve……there are enough negative people in this world without having them on the forum…….couldn’t agree with you more.[;)]sq

Profile photo of Carlo10Carlo10
    Participant
    @carlo10

Thanks once again Steve for always keeping us positive! [:)]

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

HEAR HEAR Steve

Feel the Fear and do it anyway!

Regards Bear

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Ditto Steve. Let’s get the forum going again (the right way).

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end.

Profile photo of stargazerstargazer
    Participant
    @stargazer

hi all

Yes i have to agree with Steve i have been on this forum for quite a while and i definitely feel theres a wave of individuals that are not using the forum with the spirit that Steve intended in recent times.

regard
    alf

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi there,

Ditto.
    It’s amazing how far positivity will spread if you let it and give it a chance. Try it, you might like it or even become addicted to it.

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]

When a problem is created the solution is created simultaneously

Profile photo of calroncalron
    Participant
    @calron

Woooohoooo!!!!!!

cheers

Calron the Alcamist
    Turning things into gold is fun.
    [email protected][;)]

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Steve, AD, Sooshie, & Crew,

Sounds like a great suggestion. I miss the “old” forum, where everyday after reading the posts, I was so motivated, I felt that I was walking on clouds, and nothing could stand in my way.

Lets all ignore the knockers and support the people out there having a go.[;)]

Everyone have a wonderful day.

Keep smiling [:)]

Del

Profile photo of TamLuuTamLuu
    @tamluu

Hi all,

my first post… may i add that this forum is designed to help people with investment advice and not a place to create war…enough of war and negativity outside in the world already :)

we are all grown ups so please keep this place nice and sweet the way it should be !!!

cheers

Profile photo of Agent007Agent007
    Participant
    @agent007

I totally agree.

I don’t mind CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM based on fact &/or past experience.

But not knocking other people for the fun of it.

I would hate to see this forum close because of a few BAD APPLES.

ALready I have received so much good advice from other experienced PI’s, mortgage brokers etc. …. and that’s just in 2 days!

And a BIG THANK YOU to John Fowler for spending 2 hours on the phone the other night to explain how it got 43 IP’s in 2 years.

Cheers,

David Paxton
    New Homes Consultant
    Sterling Homes
    0412 853 395

Profile photo of hgwellshgwells
    @hgwells

I agree too – [:)] – if you are not interested in the general ideas promoted on the website, find one that suits you better and contribute to it! Always happy for differing opinions but please lets keep it a friendly site to visit. HG

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

I agree.. if you cant contribute “postitively” to this web site, find another forum.
    I love the ideas, answers to questions, even the questions id never think to ask..[8)]

Just reading the posts here everyday, I learn something new. [:D]

This is an excellent site ! [:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

[:)]
    “Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

***** hangin head *******

and blaming PMS [:(!]

No one is perfect….look at me I be the PERFECT example of imperfection!!

Profile photo of ez-rentez-rent
    @ez-rent

Hi Steve, all

>Be critical where needs be, but do so constructively rather than maliciously

I think that the general tone of the forums are a reflection of their popularity. I have seen it happen on many other forums too. More popularity = more people + more opinions + more agendas + more disagreements.

Maybe Steve you should consider another forum for “Alternative investments discussion” and change this forum from “General Discussion” to “Property Discussion”? I know that this site is propertyinvesting.com but there are people using these forums that have something to offer others in other forms of investment.

As a side note, I have been able to track the popularity of this site by the downloads of EZ-Rent since it was released a few months back. At first it represented maybe 10-15% of where people learnt about the software. Since today tonight some time ago it is now around 40%.

[email protected]

EZ-Rent. The free tax and cashflow simulator for Australian property investors.
    http://www.ez-rent.com

Profile photo of Johnny1Johnny1
    @johnny1

From Johnny (crusty old man)

I believe that a new “Alternative investments discussion” forum which is separate from this forum, as suggested by EZ-RENT – is a good idea.

Having been “tied up” ([:D]) in a field closely allied to the Building (and hence Property) Industry, i’ve experienced both the clean and the dirty sides of both businesses from the inside out. Both the Building and Real Estate industries can be very dirty. I think most people are aware of that – but (1) it’s a good idea to have a forum through which people can air their grievances (even negatively – if they want to) and (2) It’s important for people coming into the property arena to be made aware of some of the pitfalls from other members experiences.

There will always a bit of “ying & yang” in everything. It is also very important to know the “yangs” in order to be able to capitalise on the “yings” in life – if you know what I mean. [:)]

P.S. DON’T GET THE WRONG IDEA – THIS IS AN EXCELLENT FORUM AND SHOULD REMAIN SO [:D]

“Popping a pimple in time – saves nine” [:D]

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

ez-rent and johnny,

Like ez-rent said, this is propertyinvesting.com.. there’s other forums on other websites to discuss other strategies in depth… doesn’t mean others can’t be discussed here, but I don’t see the point in making this website forum “open slather”… maybe crashy can create a forum on his site to discuss shares etc…

Anyway, that’s just my opinion…

Cheers
    r

Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel

I would be quite prepared to creat a forum on my site for shares and/or other discussion. I also have nothing to sell, so no selfish ulterior motive……if there is any interest.

Cheers wayne

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

I’d be interested, I’d like to learn more about shares….

Cheers
    r

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

Sooshie,

Id like the shares forum [:D]
    Its still investing but with different commodities [;)]
    [:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

[:)]
    “Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.