All Topics / Hotch Potch / Development from scratch

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of shanebalshanebal
    @shanebal

Hey all,

I’m in the process of deciding if I should do a full scale small development (subdivision). I have an option on the land but am fairly green.

If anyone has any experience they would be willing to share with me that would be a huge help.

Thanks,

Shane
    [email protected]

Profile photo of bribiebribie
    Participant
    @bribie

Shane,

How many lots and any particular Council/shire area?

I’ve done a couple of small split blocks etc but I think it would be best to go to the relevant Council and talk with their town planning area – play dumb, they are normally quite willing to help. Apart from water and sewerage costs, council may also hit you for things such as parkland contribution, planting and maintenance of trees on the footpath etc. They can be very innovative.

Bribie

Profile photo of calroncalron
    Participant
    @calron

Hi.

Being green also about developing from scratch, I am also interested in doing the same thing…

I have a few questions..

1. What is the difference of an option on land as opposed to purchasing the land?

2. What is the difference between just developing the Land/ House and land Devs/ Dev site with architecturals etc???

3. What are the methods of financing.

4. What do you actually need to present to financiers to get the developement underway?

5. Do you need to own land b4 you can apply for development funding or can you “option” it? (Whatever optioning is).

6. What are the different methods of offloading these developments?? eg. Can you sell land and architecturals for a large development?

There you go.. Told you I was green.. I have only been buying houses, units, commercial properties and am doing my first wrap..

I would love to chat with people with development knowledge too on the phone or over a drink…
    I am based on the GoldCoast..

Cheers

Calron the Alcamist
    Turning things into gold is fun.
    [email protected][;)]

Profile photo of shanebalshanebal
    @shanebal

Thanks Bribie.

It is one block of land of 10 acres which I am planning to subdivide into 1/2 acre lots. It is in the cooloola shire.

I have talked to the council and to their old town planner who has since retired.

I have some information but I guess I really want to get some info from the horse’s mouth to avoid any pitfalls.

Shane

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Development from scratch’ is closed to new replies.