All Topics / General Property / deceased estates

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

I found the house. Good area. I know the area well..and its future plans. Blah blah and did all that….

BUT!! the RE that has the listing is being a tad difficult. I am NOT allowed to go through the house during the day, unless its during a designated inspection time on the ONE weekend its open! (I work allll day Sat and Sun as weekend manager and cant get the time off) She point blank REFUSES to take offers prior to auction..even though she told me herself they were allowed too. She says its a deceased estate…so its under probate. Blame them….LOL

Is this a common thing with real estate from deceased estates and such?

Profile photo of camvivcamviv
    Participant
    @camviv

I could be wrong but if you give them an offer in writing dont they have to at least accept it for consideration?

Profile photo of BillfromozBillfromoz
    Participant
    @billfromoz

Pinky…

Some FREE info for you :-)

I have recently sold my inlaws home that was a deceased estate. To market the property I had to have probate finalised. Otherwise any sale becomes “subject to probate”.

There is no hard and fast rule that says the property must be auctioned. I sold with a private advert at the advertised price.

However the agent may have instructions re opening times. I suggest she is playing games and wants everybody at the house at the same time…looks better….pressure on would be buyers.

Maybe the beneficiaries of the deceased estate are fighting amongst themselves. So the only solution is to Auction.

Submitting offers prior to an auction is dangerous as it only “flags” your intention of your possible bid on the day of Auction. If they have made up their mind to go to Auction, and it sounds like they have…just go and bid on the day.

Cheers

Billfromoz

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Auctions are usually on weekends….I can not get the time to go to one.

Probate is finalised…that much shes told me. All ready to go and eager to sell

Profile photo of BillfromozBillfromoz
    Participant
    @billfromoz

Suggest that you put a formal offer to purchase in writing and address to Manager of Real Estate office…keep a copy.

She will have egg on her face if it sells for less than your offer.

Do some detective work…try and find out the solicitors name that is handling the estate…contact them direct.

Billfromoz

Profile photo of bribiebribie
    Participant
    @bribie

Pinky,

Do you have any friends with a digital camera that could go along during the open house?

Fotr the auction, any buyer representative that could bid on your behalf and keep in contact with you via mobile phone?

Bribie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.