All Topics / General Property / To sell or not to sell -IP

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of venturaventura
    @ventura

Hey guys

I am about to make a BIG decision and am in need some solid advice PLEASE !
    – got only 1 x +geared hse on rent in NZ( getting $300 p/wk & owe bank $150K) current hse market value=$300K.
    – since we now live in syd ( renting) we were thinking of selling that off & buying a hse in syd on a large land that we could later subdivide, when my wife goes back to work.
    – would this be a sensible step to take towards entering the “property investment world” considering I have moved to Syd 2.5 yrs ago or should I borrow on my equity and buy more IP in NZ. ( note – being on 1 income @ the moment I won’t be able to borrow enough in NZ to buy a hse in Syd)

Any advice/ideas would be highly appreciated.

Cheers!

Profile photo of MelanieMelanie
    @melanie

Hmmm …. from the finances side I think a bit more research would be in order for this one before you leapt either way, starting with a broker to get an idea of your borrowing capacity under both scenarios, and an accountant to tell you the impacts. I know NZ is capital gains tax free (lucky for you!) but there may be issues because you earn and pay tax in Oz to consider.

TerryW on the forum is a Sydney broker, plus I know others, if you would like their details drop me a line.

From the r/estate side – are there any sub-dividable properties left in Sydney??

Good luck!

[:)]
    Mel
    [email protected]

Profile photo of venturaventura
    @ventura

thanks Mel

there r some pockets in syd which I think the developers have missed ???

I have got a few lined up :))

cheers !

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.