All Topics / Heads Up! / If you think you can or can”t

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Profile photo of BeanieBeanie
    Participant
    @beanie

After reading Steve’s posting this morning “I can’t do it therefore” I am reminded of a quote from Henry Ford “If you think you can or think you can’t either way you are going to be right”
    Because i have had glandular fever and chronic fatigue on and off for the last 18 months my wife and i have used this situation as motivation to secure our financial futures not as an excuse to do nothing.We feel that we have an advantage over others that are in a better position than ourselves as we have the extra incentive to replace my income as soon as possible.We work on the theory that ALL situations are about how you percieve them and that All situations can be used to your advantage if you look at them from a positive point of view. As for those people who have bagged Steve’s book you obviously have a problem interpreting what he has written. Maybe if you re read his book with the attitude of how can i implement what he is saying you may get a lot more out of the book.My wife and i certainly gained a great deal from 1 to 130 properties and also from the infromation provided on this site.
    Keep up the good work Steve. Regards Adam and Beck

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Good on you Adam & Beck,

Go get em!

Del

Profile photo of zillahzillah
    @zillah

Hi Beanie. I’m usually more of a lurker than a poster but I feel really moved to respond to your post.

I have had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for my entire adult life – more than eight years now. I have never been able to work even part time and have often despaired of ever reaching my goal of financial freedom. Since we had a (totally gorgeous) baby last year my partner has to stay home and help me, now neither of us can work. I often feel like a total loser when trying to talk to agents etc. and the inevitable question comes up “So what do you both do?”.

All is not lost as thanks to my partner we do own our house and have some cash reserves. We are also in control of our finances and save some from our pensions each fortnight.

I want so much to get into wraps but many days I can’t even get out of bed. I feel opportunities pass me by every day because I can’t get out there and grab them and with prices spiralling in our area (Far North Qld) and southern investors moving in, sometimes I wonder if I’ve already missed the boat.

All I want is a future for my family. Somehow I will find a way to make it happen. Is there anyone else with health problems on the forum and how does it affect your efforts to pursue wealth?

Philippa

Profile photo of BeanieBeanie
    Participant
    @beanie

Hi Philippa all i can say is keep on trying things will go your way eventually.There will always be more opportunities come along so don’t worry about the ones you think have passed you by just focus on finding another one.When real estate agents ask what your occupations are tell them you are fulltime real estate investors!!!!!
    Anyone that has achieved what you and your partner have under your circumstances are definately not losers. Hope all goes well for you both. Regards Adam and Beck.

Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

Philippa,
    My dad has a saying that “The sun always rises tomorrow and you never know what it will bring you.”

Whenever things get too much for me (Nothing compared to Chronic fatigue I realise…) I try and take consolation that I have a loving and supportive partner and a wonderful support network with my family.

Chronic fatigue is a funny thing, and I have personally known people that have suffered from it for several years only to wake up one day recovered. Strange but true.

I’m getting away from the point. Just by being on this internet website shows you want to do things for yourself and if you believe you can, you will.

Good luck and best wishes for your dreams.
    Steph.

Success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

A friend of mine who had it and doesn’t now – swears by vitamin B shots in the bum as being a key factor in her recovery. She still does it today.
    I know it’s a bit hollywood (you want something stronger with that?) but apparently you can get ’em here.

Also eating an extremely high-vibrational diet she says helped too.

Profile photo of FatBoyFatBoy
    @fatboy

beanie & Phillipa: Where there is a will there is a way… [;)]

I have battled a chronic stomach condition for the last 4 years – sometimes it’s hard for me to even walk due to cramps etc and i’ve even had to give up a job i loved and become an office worker (ok, it was a promotion anyway, but i wouldn’t have gone for the job if i was 100% fit !!).

Don’t give up hope, as i got worse i was motivated by what i wanted to achieve – and the doctors have told me it’s also stress related and my job now is even more highly pressurised, but i am determined to succeed. I’ve passed the 30 mark now and intend to retire and be living by the beach in Nth Queensland in 10 years time…

Funnily enough when i was healthy i took everything for granted and never really thought of the future – now that i appreciate what it’s like to be ill i’m more determined to succeed…

All the best,
    Paul…

“The only thing you get from looking backwards is a sore neck…”

Profile photo of powmowpowmow
    @powmow

well done Fatboy,

that sounds like a mighty good plan to me…

good on you.

[^] Powmow [^]

Profile photo of JustAllanJustAllan
    Participant
    @justallan

quote:

Is there anyone else with health problems on the forum and how does it affect your efforts to pursue wealth?

Philippa

Philippa – I have chronic fatigue also – at least that’s what the doctor thinks it is, since as you know by now, there’s no specific test for it as many doctors still think it’s in our minds and so won’t allocate research to it. But don’t get me started on doctors – especially since I know two…

You mentioned you have a house and some cash set aside. See! It’s true – there’s always someone worse off than you… Now if I can only find someone worse off than *me*… (Nope, wouldn’t wish that on anyone.)

How does it affect me? How *doesn’t* it, might be an easier question to answer. : ) I can’t even READ for long, as I just don’t absorb the information. Reading and trying to comprehend what’s being said is a mammoth effort.

Perhaps the most frustrating thing is, I know we can $ave, I know I have the determination and intelligence to make investing work for us, and I have all the desire possible to break free from government benefits and support ourselves. But without the physical strength, I just can’t do it alone. At least, not before I die of old age… : (

I am thankful tho’ that it isn’t at its worst point ever. Just one suggestion that might help you – I found that the *food* we eat, at the very least – amplifies the illness. We were on the Atkins Diet until recently, for a few months (the *correct* version of it – not just the first two weeks as described on Today Tonight). I slowly (very slowly) began to feel better than I had in years.

For instance – skip ham. It gives me headaches, depression, brain fog, I feel like bursting into tears (or alternatively a rage)… It amplifies the arthritis-like pain in my joints. I’m certain the chemicals in today’s food are the cause of chronic fatigue. We eat these things for years, they build up in our system, then we get a particular illness that alters our metabolism and it all comes crashing down, triggering chronic fatigue. We then spend decades fighting to get our lives back. (All for the sake of extending the shelf life of food that gets eaten in a couple of days anyway.)

I think more and more people will get sick until the adding of all these unnecessary chemicals stops. (After all, who needs a leg of ham to last over 12 months?)

I’d really like to offer you some encouragement – but I genuinely have none, as there’s no light at the end of the tunnel for me either yet. All I can say is, I understand – and you *are* worthwhile.

Allan.

Profile photo of FatBoyFatBoy
    @fatboy

Geez Allan, what can be said ?? Perhaps someday soon the docs will find a way to help you out. Don’t give up mate, i can’t imagine how tough it is for you at the moment, but just remember not so long ago things we treat today with a simple injection used to be terminal… [;)]

I went to about 5 different doctors and now it seems i’ve finally found one who knows what he’s doing as i currently feel better than i have in years…

Moral of the story – Don’t give up !! [:)]

Cheers,
    Paul…

“The only thing you get from looking backwards is a sore neck…”

Profile photo of JustAllanJustAllan
    Participant
    @justallan

quote:

Geez Allan, what can be said ?? Perhaps someday soon the docs will find a way to help you out. Don’t give up mate, i can’t imagine how tough it is for you at the moment, but just remember not so long ago things we treat today with a simple injection used to be terminal… [;)]

Thanks… :P

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Allan

I don’t know if you’ve looked at cleanses, or wheatgrass juice or any of that sort of stuff. But when studying with Tony Robbins they give you all the health stuff – literally. To help get rid of all the toxins in your body, irrigation is really really good, and then you consume all the good stuff.

Cheers
    Mel

Participant
    @minimogul

my heart goes out to you guys.

Have you ever heard of the hippocrates centre in Queensland?

http://www.hippocrates.com.au

It’s about $1K a week and they recommend going for 2-3 weeks. i know that might sound expensive but I think that if i ever got something like cancer, MS, CF, or other i would be up there like a shot.

why don’t i just paste a bit in from the site to really get you interested…

Long ago, Hippocrates, the founder of medicine, demonstrated that wholesome natural foods could restore and maintain vibrant health. Dr Ann Wigmore’s 100% Vegan Wheatgrass and Living Foods program – which excludes bread, flesh, dairy products and all processed or cooked foods – has shown hundreds of thousands of people around the world, since 1960, that ideal health is natural for all of us.

Your body detoxifies and regenerates itself. If you have the proper nutrients, you can enjoy life without illness or pain.

At Hippocrates Health Centre of Australia, you experience complete health education – a time-tested program that fosters your internal cleansing, regeneration, revitalisation, rejuvenation – health, vigor, longevity, youthful slimness.

The Hippocrates self-help and self-improvement program focuses on your nutritional, physical, mental and emotional balance and harmony. You can free yourself of stress and restore yourself naturally in our warm, serene family atmosphere.

You reduce weight. Since 1985, all of the thousands who have attended Hippocrates Health Centre of Australia have reduced weight. For example, Linda Mitchell banished 7 1/2 kg in the first five days – “safely, simply, easily”.

You can overcome allergies. Although many people are allergic to cooked wheat and bread, no one has experienced any allergy to wheatgrass juice.

You can cleanse your body of toxins on our 100% raw foods diet. Personalised instruction and individual counselling prepare you to remain on the healthful path when you return to your home.

Your 100% vegan meals will consist of delicious fresh raw foods created lovingly by master food preparers. Your foods will include fruits, vegetables, nuts, sprouts, seeds, greens, and various juices, including wheatgrass juice. Your meals become adventures, with distinct flavours, textures and sensory appeal.

You will learn and experience at Hippocrates:
    Gentle stretching exercise
    Wheatgrass growing and use
    Vegan raw food preparation
    Meditation
    Self-improvement
    Positive thinking
    Cleansing breath
    Food combining
    Cellullar detoxification and renewal
    Goals and affirmations
    Relaxation
    Reducing stress
    Visualisation
    Lymphacising
    Kitchen equipment
    Permaculture (organic gardening)
    Personal counselling
    Iris analysis
    Vegan menu planning
    Sustainable weight reduction
    Sprouting
    Dehydrating foods
    Internal cleansing
    Transitional foods
    Juice dieting
    Grander Water
    and much more…

TRANQUIL COUNTRY SETTING – PRIVATE ENSUITE ROOMS – HEATED POOL

COSY SPA AND STEAM ROOM – TENNIS COURT

Hippocrates Health Centre’s acreage property is a designated “Nature Refuge”. Our land abounds with native wildlife: mammals, birds, amphibians. Permaculture methods are used to intensively cultivate foods, and a native rainforest wilderness is encouraged throughout much of the land and our adjacent Mudgeeraba Creek. Our sensitive use of the land fosters harmony between humans and other living beings, consistent with “Nature Refuge” principles.”

sounds like heaven. well, anyway, check it out.
    they have a bunch of testimonials on the site too.

cheers-
    mini

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Well done Mini – my suggestion amplified a million times, and much more useful as it actually offers a place to go too!!

Cheers
    Mel

Participant
    @minimogul

melbear –
    you’re an esteemed amplifier yourself!
    I meant to tell you that before but i forgot!!

cheers-
    Mini

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.