All Topics / The Treasure Chest / I can’t do it therefore…(long)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Profile photo of JesterJester
    @jester

At the risk of being shouted down, I think we should be prepared to tolerate differing opinions. Steve did ask people for feedback on the book – hence, we should not be surprised that some of the feedback has been skeptical in nature.

I think the title of the book and the “Millionaire in a year” promotion has raised unrealistic expectations. Clearly, Steve’s investment strategies cannot work for EVERYBODY – we all have different goals, different risk profiles, etc.

I have noticed that the book has been among the top 5 bestsellers for some time – there must be something worthwhile about it or else nobody would be buying it.

Best of luck

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi Steve,

We’ve mentioned many property investors on this forum,their seminars etc…
    Which one of them has offered a forum like this?
    Which one of them replies to the posts, even at the wee hours of the night?
    Who has gone out to help others even though he himself is very busy?
    Which one of them genuinely want to see people succeed and improve in their lives?
    Who exposed his life journey in a book, to make people realise it IS possible?

That’s you Steve! You’ve given 120% of yourself for a long long time. You and Dave deserve your success. Enjoy!

I remember a little birdy saying “When you drive a car, do you look behind you or infront of you”

Look foward Steve, let the traffic take care of itself.

G-d bless
    Sooshie [:)]

“small steps make the journey” (SAS)

Profile photo of cobra8272cobra8272
    Participant
    @cobra8272

a friend gave me your book steve – right now i haven’t bought a property -BUT it’s the most important thing next to my family because it gave me a kick up the backside to do something for my families future.
    I’ve researched and spoken to people and received the -ve comments and advice – BUT I come back to this site and forum and drink from the well.
    Thanks to everyone for keeping me +ve and focused.
    And keep posting that it can and is being done.
    In 2 weeks i’ve identified 6 properties in WA that are qualified by the 11 second solution.
    Next is the big step – buying!
    One suggestion is perhaps a place on the forum for posting little success stories / anecdotes etc so others can keep motivated???

Once again Steve, thanks for your effort to help me.
    Thanks to everyone for their help and if i can help others i will
    rgds
    Cobra
    So much for the cry that they are not there.

Profile photo of MagicManMagicMan
    @magicman

…this is one of the best posts I have ever seen on any board I post at.

Thanks for that.

Profile photo of confusedinvestorconfusedinvestor
    Participant
    @confusedinvestor

Steve,

One thing I have to say is congratulations for pushing through all the criticism thats out theyre. A man who can do this is stronger then the guy whos doing the critising.
    I have not finished reading your book yet as I have only just started it. I can tell you now it is hard to put down though. The way you describe things and the excitment in your writing as you write about a topic that can be either very dry to some people or very exciting to others makes your book a fantastic read. I along with 4 other people onboard HMAS Stuart are really excited about reading your book. The frustrating thing for us though is we are all excited about getting into investment properties and here we are stuck out in the middle of ocean not being able to implement the things we are learning.
    I personaly would like to thank you for putting out a book with so much information and in such an easy to follow manner. I have read the whole serious of RoberT Kiyosaki’s (Rich Dad Poor Dad) and numerous other australian property investors books. Yet your book stands out as going to be one of the best “investment property bibles” out theyre.
    I congratulate the people who have been selected to be mentored by you. My question is will theyre ever be another priceless opportunity ever offered? Im 22 years of age and no money could ever pay for the skills that you are teaching.
    Once again congratulations, keep standing tall and im sure theyre will be many people alongside me to help you stay standing tall.
    Russell Wilkie [:)]

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

Steve,

All I can say, is without reading your book, I would not be motivated to look for property investments.

I have read your book, and it has taught me so much I didnt know. We are (Pinky and me) still having a good look for our PPOR (cheap just to get our feet planted, we sold our last PPOR for a nice profit…) so we want to invest it into a long term cash flow for us, and our children.[:)]

Thank you for giving us the knowledge that we now have, so we can start our journey to freedom… eventually… we are sitting on our hands abit at the moment, we are looking to see if the “bubble bursts” on property prices so we can find that bargain hideaway.[:D]

Many Thanks,
    Arty.

Regards,
    Arty.

[:)]
    “Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Profile photo of Teren33Teren33
    @teren33

Hi Steve,

I am new to your site and plan to go and get your book this afternoon. So what it sounds like you are saying here is that their is hope for people like my husband and I. I am looking forward to reading your book. It took us 15 years to purchase our first house which was 12 months ago and we are now wondering Where, or How do we start with Ivesting in Property. What you have written today has given me hope that Yes we could do this. I am not sure how as we borrowed 95% for our first house but I am sure once I have read your book we may have some answers to at least take the first step toward getting there.
    Thank you for what you wrote as it has provided hope to us.
    Teren33

Profile photo of TeacherK6TeacherK6
    @teacherk6

As Steve said, it can be done and it is still being done!

Last month i missed out on some 1 br units in Orange advertised on the net for all to see, priced between $42K and $49K and would rent for between 90-100 pw. Im sure even a person flipping burgers at Macca’s could hav arranged to get at least 1 purchased. i would hav probably got 1 or 2 if i had bothered to do my reasearch the morning, and not the afternoon they were posted… oh well lol The Town or orange is not going anywhere, and the rent was huge compared the the purchase price…

A place i bought settled 2 months ago, in Bathurst, bought for $52K, rented for 100 PW, advertised on the net for all to see…. and i can tell u that Bathurst isnt going anywhere either…

Some people will pay $50K for a new car! just to keep up with the Jones’s…

IT CAN be done, stop making up excuses!

Jason

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi Steve

Great post. I have been reading too many negative posts recently – all from people that obviously want the quick fix. There is no quick fix in life, it is all hard work. I have read your book and many, many others. I find that books such as yours provide information and motivation. Motivation is the most important thing and with out it you will fail. Even if you found a property, organised finance etc for these people, they still would not be happy.

Keep up the great work and congratulations on your success.

the_duck.

Profile photo of watsonnrwatsonnr
    @watsonnr

I am about 3/4 through your book. I have had trouble putting it down! It is propably the easiest book to read on the topic of investing that I have read. I really love your honesty and the strong values that you apply to investing. This book has really opened my mind to the different ways of investing in property and challenged me to formalise the vague plan that has been hovering in my mind for the past couple of years. I can’t wait to take action!
    Thanks Steve.[:)]

Profile photo of ErikaErika
    @erika

Hi Steve
    I am bumping this to the top again
    Yes I Have read your book and I am now re-reading it I dont quite beleive the stats that because you negatively gear you can only own 2 investment properties ( we own 8). I think the reason that most people only own 2 is because they are scared or lazy ( sounds just like some friends we know).
    Anyway your book was informative,gives a different slant on property investing, should I suck up here and say I wish I was one of the ones you mentored as so many people abaove say.
    Thanks for the forum tho.

Erika

Profile photo of Gembeau2Gembeau2
    @gembeau2

Hi Steve
    I am one of your new members and I think your book and site are great. Having previously been involved with property investing/developing in Jersey C.I we always looked to + returns so it was with interest that I read so much about negative gearing over here – Yes I know your tax situation is very different to where I live/lived but if you are making a loss to save tax you are still making a loss! But that’s preaching to the converted. It seems you have a huge following and I can understand why.
    Regards

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi Erika,

I guess sucking up never hurt… but in this case it won’t do you much good unfortunately.

Thanks to everyone who has posted thus far.

My reason for making the post was just to put some balance back in the forum. It seems to me that too many people were focusing on why they can do it and coming to the conclusion that it must be because of some other factor other than themselves.

For example, I recently received an e-mail saying “how can I do this when I work 5 days a week and have 2 kids to look after?”

My response is that you’ll need to make a change to effect a change.

Sadly most people want to be told that you can do it all with no sacrifice and minimal effort without serious challenges.

Nope – that doesn’t doesn’t work. Successful people work damn hard to get the result and talk of being lucky or fortunate is only nonsense that other people say to justify why that can’t or shouldn’t have a go.

Well, I’ll get off my soap box now or else risk being negative like the people who I criticise.

I’ll leave you with this thought… I firmly believe anyone can be a successful property investor as the knowledge and techniques are certainly outlined a lot better than when I got started.

However, while the knowledge is better, the circumstances are perhaps more trying – more debt, more risk the market will change… generally a different set of circumstances.

Yet, as ‘The B’ once said to me (and a mighty insight it was)… the market will never be perfect or without risk. Start at the shallow end of the investing, but don’t be afraid of sticking your toe in for fear that you’ll drown.

Good luck to all and see you on the forums.

Bye,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of ErikaErika
    @erika

Hi Steve
    Thanks for repying I dont actually want to be mentored my hubby and I feel we are well on our way to acheiving our goals. It was just a small go at all the people wanting you to mentor them. What they dont realise is that you made it without mentoring it was within you to go out and make a different life for yourself.Having said that you are only just starting on your next stage in life with kids. My 5 year old is sitting on the floor trying to distract me and if I thought that I lost a lot of sleep because of them it was nothing compared to now. But when they say to you not another property cant we just go home ( I have 3 10,7& 5) you realise that life is a balance and I do wish that I woke up to property investment before they were born.
    Sure they will learn about investing but it has to fit in between school and sport, so if people say that they find it a bit more difficult than you I hope you can see that they really do have more people to rely on them you only had youself.
    Dont get me wrong I am not saying it is impossible we Do what we can relying on the help of family who live 1000kms away. Thank God for family.
    What I am most interested in is talking to people who are changing their lives for the better and this forum gives me that chance
    Erika

Profile photo of kaydeekaydee
    @kaydee

Hi Steve,

Firstly let me say “WELL DONE” – its about time you faught back!

In the words of a song written by Jewel “if i could tell the world just one thing it would be that we are all okay, not to worry cause worry is wasteful and useless in times like these”
    “I won’t be made useless, I won’t be idle with dispair”

Keep doing what you do best and don’t worry about the knockers unfortunatley our nation is full of people who spend to much time watching and critising from the side line and not enough time getting into the game themselves. These are the ones who are left behind.[:P]

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Hi Erika

I hear ya!

I am a sole parent of 4 kids and one stepson. A carer for a very dear friend, and finding it hard to juggle, but I know it will be easy once I get into the swing of things.

I was once self employed, studying at uni, sole parent of 4 kids and a part time job. And believe it or not it was easy once the ball is rolling, the hard part is starting the ball rolling and getting a momentum going.

Keep it up Erika the rewards will come your way [;)]

Regards Bear

Profile photo of calroncalron
    Participant
    @calron

Hi Steve..
    I really hate your book. Why? Now I am spending all this money on lawyers, valuers, and banks for all these properties..
    And you know what the worst thing is?? All of this money is coming in and it means that I might not have to go to work in a few years time.. I hate it hate it hateit[:D]

LOL

I mean seriously all you negatories, get a life.. In fact no don’t… Stay negative, don’t look for the opportunities because it means there’ll be lot’s more for us who will take them..

I really did dig the book tho… :)

I just spent a Saturday with a guy driving in his Ferrari Marrenello looking at all the property that he owned or was developing but he was no McKnight and wouldn’t share any info because he saw that as creating competition..

Steve I am really looking forward to hooking up with you at your Brisbane seminar..

cheers

[8D]

Calron the Alcamist
    Turning things into gold is fun.
    [email protected][;)]

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

Steve I thought you were just being a bit of a wuss till I got some of the same treatment today. Geez, show people a different way of doing things and they treat you like the anti-christ.

GET OVER IT WAYNE KERRS

http://www.posigear.8k.com

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi there,

Reading the posts with much interest. I personally, don’t think it has much to do with property investing, but more about the type of personality you are and what you think you are capable of.
    INTELLIGENCE: the ability to learn, to understand or to deal with new or trying situations : REASON; also : the skilled use of reason the ability to apply knowledge to manipulate one’s environment or to think abstractly as measured by objective criteria (as tests)
    As far as I’m concerned the fact we are human and that we have intellect, we have the power to make choices. That is something to celebrate, methinks. By this definition, is there any reason why any person who sets their mind to doing something, couldn’t do it?
    Erika, I agree on the children part. It can make it difficult, nope I’ll rephrase that ‘IT IS DIFFICULT ‘, yet it also can motivate you to do something to better their future. Whatever works to get you to achieving your goal.
    I guess it’s about creating a balance. Like a see-saw the motion is up and down… and balance is when both sides weigh about the same. Eventually as someone gets off the see-saw, one side drops and the other side rises.
    Sometimes we need a balance of the negative persons, so that the positive ones are just that…positive. It’s a matter of perspective. Like the old argument, do you need evil in the world for people to do and see good?

Whether it be property, shares or stocking shelves in a supermarket, there is a message for everyone. I think you need to see Steve’s book for what it is… not just a ‘how to’ but ‘how can I do it’.
    Steve has continuosly shared with us. What has it cost you to post at this forum??? Nothing…yep that’s about the sum of it. Anyone want to take a guess at how much work Steve (and Co.)puts into this forum. I think everyone would be humbled by the hours. Congratulate the man! I think he’s great. [8D]
    Everyone is capable of great things if they think they can.

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]

When a problem is created the solution is created simultaneously

Profile photo of Elysium-MElysium-M
    @elysium-m

Onya Steve!

It’s also written in the scripture that you can’t please everyone. Quite true.

Cheers
    M

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘I can’t do it therefore…(long)’ is closed to new replies.