All Topics / Opinionated! / Is it just me or do people want to be spoon fed?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Profile photo of Gatbe7Gatbe7
    @gatbe7

Hi All,

I am just looking through a couple of posts, and a lot of the post have recently been “I can not find any suitable properties can someone tell me where they are?”

What happened to the get up and go, has it got up and gone?

You need to do the research yourself so that you are confident that the investment works for you. And it won’t just happen in one minute or one hour. I could take months until you find that right property that matches your criteria.

The people who have made the money are the ones that do the research, convince themselves that it works for them and don’t give a stuff about what others think.

Get up, go out and look! There are only couch potatoes, not couch millionaires!

Cheers

Adam
    [8D]

“Good boys go to Heaven, bad boys go everywhere!”

Profile photo of hallingtonhallington
    @hallington

hi Adam,
    you said what many of us have been thinking. I agree there are people out there who don’t seem to realize that these things don’t come to them without a bit or alot of their own effort. If it required no effort to make money, we wouldn’t be buying books about it and we’d all be wealthy. [:)]
    Read my reply to martinw’s post under the title “book Review–I want a refund” currently on page 2/3. i thought it was a pretty good response to his criticism of Steve’s book.
    hannah

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

Agree – everyone wants to take the easiest route possible. Personally I wouldn’t ask others where to find the best deals as I wouldn’t share mine with someone else if they asked. I don’t think I’m rude but gee whiz, why should i do all the hard yards and then just give it up for someone not prepared to put in some effort.

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

SOME people want to be spoon fed
    SOME people want a mentor
    SOME people want to kick a$$ and take chances
    SOME people just feel they have an opinion and the need to share it

Personally…..at the moment I just want to learn. I like the differing theories and hearing whos made what work for them. For me…Steves book is just another tool…not the be all and end all of property investing.

What I dont like tho….is the back biting and the “You must agree with me” mentality some people have. It one thing to have an opinion…its obnoxious to believe people will or have to, agree with you.[8D]

~ Heaven doesnt want me and Hell is afraid I will take over! ~

Profile photo of ErikaErika
    @erika

HI to All
    Isnt the point of this forum to help people less fortunate than ourselves
    Yes I get sick of listening to people say they dont know where to find these properties but they keep asking so why not help.
    Put an example like Steve did so that these people get the jist.
    Lets face facts most of the people here will either never own or own only 1 or 2 properties I dont think they are a threat.
    I am not currently investing in +ve property but shares so cannot contribute a current example.

Profile photo of Dianae01Dianae01
    Participant
    @deccles

“Yes I want to be spoon fed” If that is what it takes to get started. For a new person who knows nothing about the market I don’t think that is an unreasonable request.

We are not talking about the lazy here but people who need to know the nitty gritty so they can get started. When you start a new job you don’t get thrown in the deep end why can’t we have our hands help just for the first two properties say. Just so we know what we are looking for. It may be great to do a heap of couses and read fanstastic books but when you actually have to take that first step it could feel like someone is running over you with a car.

Can we all lighten up a bit, start offering advise on what it is people are actually asking.

Dianae01
    Email Me

Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw

My apologies for the following quote, I’m sure it’s not word perfect…

Feed a man a fish, and you feed him for a day
    Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime

If you have read heaps of books, done courses and sucked up information from these forums, then you have probably got a lot more teaching at your disposal than most people, myself included, have had when we’ve gone out there and started. Fear is only False Evidence Appearing Real, and the only way to conquer it is to take action.

Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

Profile photo of battz71battz71
    Participant
    @battz71

deccles,

I agree that when you are starting out its great to have a helping hand to point you in the right direction.

Buy and read:

Steve’s Book
    Dolf De Roos “Real Estate Riches”

and attend a couple of seminars, that will give your plenty of “spoon feeding”

Cheers,

Battz

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

Perhaps my post came across a little more harsh than I intended. I am happy to share any experiences or offer suggestions where I think I can. And I believe almost everyone here would feel the same way about sharing experience and knowledge.

As to finding a deal for someone, probably not.

We all come here to learn and share knowledge, and even though I have gone through the whole process a few times it’s still a bit nerve-wracking and I still learn things most days from other posts.

But, I still have to go and research what I learn/see here to ensure it is factually correct (like trust/company structures).

I think anyone who thinks that any forum is gospel is headed for trouble. Take the ideas and advice and check with a professional accountant/lawyer/agent as the case may be.

Participant
    @battz71

Polar,

I dont think your initial post was too harsh, I think it was pretty close to the truth. I believe the majority of the forum is prepared to assist with advice, examples, research material, useful links, seminar dates and even members offering personal coaching. What else do people actually expect?

Well I suspect some(extreme minority) expect the name & phone number of the agent with a detailed analysis of the property and with someones personal endorsement that YES buy this property.

Hope this doesnt sound too harsh….

Cheers,

Battz

Profile photo of MelanieMelanie
    @melanie

Hi,

I agree that this forum is a bunch of volunteers here to learn from each other and people expecting forumites to spoon feed them is a bit unrealistic.[|)]

The truth is of course that there are plenty of people who are money rich and time poor and/or happy to admit that analysing and negotiating individual property deals is a bit outside their skill set but still want to get into IP’s – and if you fall into these categories there are plenty of buyer’s agents out there who can help you find great property investments. I’d recommend them over two-tier marketers plugging individual developments any day of the week and they are usually pretty cheap, around 1.5-3% of the purchase price, considering the time and expertise you are buying.

Marketers just need to sell X no. of properties, job done. Buyer’s agents need to build up a referral base longer term by putting people into good property investments so they keep coming back. If you want help, why not try a few. [:)]

Cheers,
    Mel
    [email protected]

Profile photo of Dianae01Dianae01
    Participant
    @deccles

Thanks everyone great info for me to use

Dianae01
    Email Me

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

hi everyone.

re : “Yes I get sick of listening to people say they dont know where to find these properties but they keep asking so why not help. “

I’ve been a member here for a while (since ‘before Steve was famous’) and I love to help, but these days there’s not enough time in the day to read all the posts let alone answer them all.

It seems tiresome to say ‘do a search’ but seriously, if you took the time to read all the other threads (in treasure chest now, since the move) – there is SO much info there already.

cheers-
    Mini

Profile photo of cobra8272cobra8272
    Participant
    @cobra8272

Hi Guys
    I would just like to say thanks to everyone who posts info and helpful suggestions here.
    Basically from the info and stats i’ve learnt here i intend to do my first deal by 10/11/03.
    without all the helpful stuff i couldn’t do it – its as simple as that.
    I don’t expect to be spoonfed – but any help or suggestions are just great.
    So once again thanks to all the contributors.
    rgds
    Cobra

Participant
    @battz71

Congrats Cobra,

Its great to hear stories of people getting out and doing their first deals. Exciting times isn’t it..

Cheers,

Battz

Profile photo of HueyHuey
    Participant
    @huey

Most forum members like me don’t like to be spoon fed but we need a helping hand to point us in the right direction. Our questions are often very general & naive to the experienced investors. Those questions are popping up all the time especially after Steve appearing on TV & the release of his new book. We often worry that we may ask silly questions as well. After few months in this forum I attempt to answer few questions as well. You can help out by:

1. Add general guidelines for the newbies in the section Forum FAQs. Stuffs like “- Recommended books, links, – search for similar threats in the forum, – outline different methods for finding potential properties & their rental incomes eg. websites, newspaper – other research ….”

2. Just think of us like new kindy kids & patiently repeat the answers.

You will be most appreciated.

Regards

Huey

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Deccs,
    For me it felt like being hit by a semi, but I can honestly say wow what an experience … can we do it again! I learnt so much by doing the deal and because I had attended Steves Master Seminar weekend I identified the tenant as a potential wrap and my first +IP turned into my first wrap. Jump in, whats the worst that can happen, you have to sell! Oh well but you will be wiser. That is a bit flipant but in essence it is true, you really have to get in the water to learn to swim.

Flicity,
    Perfectly said.

Cobra,
    good on ya buddy, that is the spirit, swim my friend.

Guys,
    The main reason I don’t like being asked exactly where is a great deal, is because I feel let down that “these people” aren’t prepared to really figure it out for themselves. It really isn’t hard. Just scarey and like Felicity said FEAR.

Good luck to those that give it a go.

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Carve your own path and lead the way …

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.