All Topics / Heads Up! / Other Reading material

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of Leo@adelaideLeo@adelaide
    @leo-adelaide

Hi all,
    I am new to this, so I hope that someone out there is able to help me out.

I have been reading the many comments in this forum and have come to the conclusion that you all have different opinions (which by the way you are all entitled to) on Steve’s book. I have not quite finished reading it, and have my own opinions on it especially in today’s booming housing market. There are some cracks in the validity of his information for the average person starting out today. I will use what is relevant for my needs to get my started.

My goal is to secure a comfortable lifestyle in my retirement. Superannuation alone won’t support me in my retirement. Hence my interest in buying investment properties.

So here is the ask …. can anyone recommend easy to read books/magazines (for the novice) they have read themselves on investing in the property market and can honestly recommend them as a starting point.

Thanks in advance.[:)]

Profile photo of cobra8272cobra8272
    Participant
    @cobra8272

Hi Leo
    I’m new to the IP game and still learning.
    a great book i’ve read is
    How to Create an Income for Life – Margaret Lomas.
    It seems to compliment Steve’s book and to me fills gaps in Steve’s book.
    Conversely Margarets book has gaps that the other book fills.
    Hope this helps
    rgds
    Cobra

Profile photo of Agent007Agent007
    Participant
    @agent007

Try these:

Australian Property Investor magazine (bi-monthly)

Steve’s ebook & tapes available on this website

Go to Dymocks bookstore & check out their FANTASTIC share & property investment section:

On the weekend I got:

Real Estate Riches – Dolf De Roos (is that his real name? ;) ) 1/2 way through & an excellent must read – he’s lived and invested in Australia, NZ & US

Seven Stps to Wealth – John Fitzgerald (Aussie) – even Bert Newton has read it ;)

Australia’s Money Secrets of the Rich – John Burley (recommended by Steve & one of his very successful collegues)

So go read & study.

Any one bok won’t have it all. But get a few (or many) gems from each one – and USE the information.

And did I say, any of Stve’s products on this site? For a few $100 bucks you can’t go wrong.

Hey, it’s cheaper than spending a day with my accountant…. (Sorry John…

Cheers,

David Paxton
    New Homes Consultant
    Sterling Homes
    0412 853 395

Profile photo of Leo@adelaideLeo@adelaide
    @leo-adelaide

Thanks to those who have replied to my request for reading material.

Leo[:)]

Profile photo of zanis1zanis1
    @zanis1

Hi,

Jan Sommer’s (spelling ?) books are also a great read.

Best regards

marc
    [email protected]

Profile photo of B.DerosB.Deros
    Participant
    @b.deros

I read John Fitzgerald’s 7 steps to wealth and was fairly underwhelmed…something was missing in it for, the advice wasn’t as intellectually sound. I guess I am a little sceptical anyway as his mob Custodian Wealth Builders do try and pitch their services to you at seminars (whilst badmouthing other people who do the same thing).

regards,
    Ben

Profile photo of bribiebribie
    Participant
    @bribie

Leo,

A few lunchtimes a week when I can get out of the office, I do the rounds of the bookshops looking for new titles and have a brief scan through, maybe find a chapter of interest and then a quick read of that chapter. If there something I like, I buy so I have reasonable size library now.

Ben thanks for the insight into the seminars – I’ve never attended any of his but have read his book.

bribie

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Leo

I also have read alot of those books mentioned and agree with the feedback, the thing I did was go to the library and borrowed the books it saves heaps of money. You can always buy the ones you like.

I also wanted to add a book that AD recommended to me ages ago called The Riches Man In Babylon – great read although not specifically about real estate. Steve lent me a book called the Alchemist – I thought this was a great read, also not about real estate but both are a valuable read for any investor.

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Carve your own path and lead the way …

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi there,

Amongst my collection…
    Wakelin’s “Street’s Ahead” and I loved
    “Investing in Real Estate on a Budget” by Alan J Falkson (however this is out of print and so they’ve walked out of the libraries [:(]) Heaps of information and really good advice and tips in that.
    I keep falling asleep through Sommer’s books (sorry Jan) and it’s an awful feeling reading the same page over and over again and realising you still can’t remember what’s on the page you’ve read 30 times over. I need some more Ginko! [;)]

I still like API and the Personal Investor magazines as well.

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]

When a problem is created the solution is created simultaneously

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

All of the Rich Dad Poor Dad books.
    Anytning by Robert G Allen (Creating Wealth, No Money Down, Multiple Streams of Income, the One Minute Millionaire) – American, but still some really good concepts.
    John Burley Money Secrets of the Rich, and Powerful Changes (psychology one).

Lots of others, but can’t get to my bookshelf at the moment – lots of paperwork involved when you own property.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of investorgirlinvestorgirl
    Participant
    @investorgirl

Hi Leo, you might like to read my book, The Real Estate Rookie by Teresa Wainwright, published by Choice Books. It’s been written with newbies in mind, and is available from bookshops or from the Choice website at http://www.choice.com.au regards investorgirl

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Leo,

On a different tack – read “Who Moved My Cheese” a story about doing things differently. A Great little read.

Derek
    [email protected]

Read my comments? Think I can help you? PM or email me.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.