All Topics / Forum Frolic / Property Investing and Tattoos !

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

I went to the mullet site.. ha.. Id be out of the running.. LOL.. im very short hair’ed’ed ..number #1 with the cutters all over…[:D]

There are many people with tatts you wouldnt know about, because there under clothing… they are very addictive, when you get the 1st one, you find more artwork you like, and you cant stop.. [}:)]

Regards,
    Arty.

[:)]
    “Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

I got my first one this year after a 10 year decision on what to get. I have an Irish heritage so ended up with a celtic style crucifix type cross on my right shoulder. Hidden by even a t-shirt, but then I got it for me not for other people to see [:D]

Sure is addictive, and I have the next couple planned out already.

BTW my boss who is a very senior (female) manager has a tatt but is not willing to show it. (must be somewhere rude!

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

polar_bear.. i got a sneak peek at my team leaders one.. its on the top of her bum !… LOL [:D]

Pinky has a celtic cross too ! [:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

Participant
    @anubis

Go the celtic cross! A mate of mine recently had his family crest put on his inside forearm when his dad passed away – it looks fantastic.

So the family coat of arms is probably next on my list.

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

pinky has a small celtic cross LOL It has roses entwined around it. Saw it..and said DO IT! ( I usually save time and get 2 done in one hit LOL)
    Im always surprised at ppl I consider “straight laced” being tattooed or peirced in the weirdest places! LOL

Fear….how does one associate with you?? *wink*

~ Heaven doesnt want me and Hell is afraid I will take over! ~

Participant
    @anubis

Hi Pinkster (and Arty)- does that mean you thought me straight laced? No piercings (certainly never a Prince Albert [:O]) – now that would hurt, and it was never my scene, although I have loved tatts since I was in my mid teens.

Most people I know are unaware of it (including my parents who would be horrified).

Keymaster
    @piadmin

hey bear [:D]

Artys at work…we never post together LOL (he annoys me reading over my shoulder) and the home PC is mine!! MINE!!! *maniacal laff*
    A prince albert? Love it on other people….on me tho? FORGET IT!!
    I always show my mum my new tatts…or she asks to see them. She says shes tempted to get a cat done on her shoulder…but seeing as she wont get her ears peirced coz of the pain factor….I cant see it happening LOL

~ Heaven doesnt want me and Hell is afraid I will take over! ~

Participant
    @arty

..Arty at work waving ~~**[:D][:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

Profile photo of investorxdrawdinairinvestorxdrawdinair
    @investorxdrawdinair

quote:

[:D]Forumites,

I went and got another tattoo yesterday.[}:)]
    I get them in places where I can still put my business shirt on to cover them.[;)]

I’m not going to comment about the tattooing.
    My mind just boggles about a business shirt that covers the tatt on your calf!!!!!!

So I presume you don’t need to use a sock by the time you have that shirt tucked into your trousers!!! LOL

Perhaps you can explain to someone new to the site, how does all this tie in with property investment? Do you use your profits from rent and property sales to pay for the tatts, pain-killing booze, and the specially made business shirts?

I think I’ll find other ways to spend my millions.
    Hmmm…. I can think of plenty right now without any effort …. but I’ll keep them to myself for a while and savour them … besides, we’re not supposed to post things like I’m imagining [:O] [:P] [^] [:I] [:D] [;)]

Participant
    @arty

investorxdrawdinair.. LMAO.. [:D]
    Ok, the business shirt isnt that long..[:D]

Tatts have nothing to do with property investing, but everyone needs a past time hobby. LOL [:D]

Its good to find out more about the formumites here, it was a curious question. [;)]

Regards,
    Arty.

Profile photo of nofearnofear
    @nofear

quote:

Fear….how does one associate with you?? *wink*

You DON’T want me to answer that… [:D]

I admit it….I know nothing..

Keymaster
    @piadmin

nofear..NO FAIR!!! [}:)][;)] [:P]

~ If at first you dont succeed…destroy ALL evidence you ever tried to begin with! ~

Profile photo of bonemanboneman
    Participant
    @boneman

Somebody asked for op[inions on whether we loved or hated tatts. I neither love them nor hate them. I jus plain don’t understand them. If a guy offered to draw a picture on my arm with some textas I’d say ‘why?’. If he offered to draw a picture that never came off then it would make even less sense to me.

I think the big problem with tatts is that they are popular at the moment. Kind of a fad. If you’ve always wanted them then fine. However, many people are getting them only because they are currently cool. Down the track when the fad changes these people will be stuck with the tatts that they no longer want. It would be like haveing a pair of purple velour flares that you can never take off – pretty cool once, but kind of embarassing now.

Also you gotta be pretty careful that the design you choose is one that you will like until you die. Cause that’s how long you’ll have it. If you pull out an old passport photo you’ll see a hairstyle that you liked when the photo was taken, but it’s probably different to what you’ve got now and not one you’d still like. A tatt is like a permanent hairstyle. Choose very wisely.

Keymaster
    @piadmin

it took me 15 years to choose….I hope that was wisely enough LOL

Im not into fads and the like….I wear black coz I like it….I dont need to be told its “in” fashion or get peer approval. I like what I like [:D] Thats why I have dark pink hair…[:O][:O][:O][:O] (yes…thats the reason for my nickname!! LOL)

~ If at first you dont succeed…destroy ALL evidence you ever tried to begin with! ~

Profile photo of bonemanboneman
    Participant
    @boneman

15 years. Yes that’s a very considered choice.

Participant
    @arty

A tattoo is permanent but so are your children and spouse, they will never change, so i like the idea of putting a tribute to them on me forever.
    [;)]
    It took till 35 to get mine..

Pinkys more Pinker than a something really pink and add some more pink to it.. then a bit more .. sorta.. pink![:O][:O][:O]

Regards,
    Arty.

Profile photo of nofearnofear
    @nofear

Yep, 12 years to pick my tat’, and I normally make decisions very quickly!

I agree with your what your saying boneman, but for some people it’s more than just a picture on your skin. I don’t understand it myself, so I won’t embarass myself by trying to explain.

Besides, I’m not trying to convince you to do it……….that sounds very arrogant. Sorry.

I admit it….I know nothing..

Participant
    @arty

..its like mobile art. Instead of a piece of art hanging on the wall gaining value. its on your body.. creating a increase of personal value..LOL [:D]

Living Art
    And thats not why im called “Arty”…[:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Guys

Yeah I have GOT a couple of tats.
    They are on my forehead.
    I got them while I was mowing the lawn and walked into the corner of an aluminum window which the bl…..g wife had opened.

Thinking……perhaps they could be scars…battle scars.

Regards

Participant
    @arty

Ouch!! muppet…

Ive walked into tree branches while mowing before too.. LOL [:D] No scar though.

I was stuffing around “as you do”.. with the kids, pretending to walk into the front door without opening it… *bang.. haha.. but i head butted the chain on the door, so I had a cut on my forehead for a week… [:D] I almost knocked myself out.

[;)]

Regards,
    Arty.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.