All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Cash-strapped

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of belle498belle498
    Participant
    @belle498

We’ve been working on property investment for a while, with limited success. Our major problem is: we are asset-rich, but cash-flow poor. Can anyone advise on a good strategy to deal with this problem.

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

Welcome Belle498,

When you say your asset-rich (does that mean you have property(s)..IPs..) and cash-flow poor does that mean you are unemployed, etc ?[:)]

This forum is full of amazing number crunches, but they need details to work from..[;)]

Regards,
    Arty.

[:)]
    “Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Profile photo of BillfromozBillfromoz
    Participant
    @billfromoz

G’day…

Big, big question.

If you have equity in propert then you are more than half way there. For wxample you could use existing equity to fund the deposit requirements and closing costs of any other investment.

In 1993 I had software written for my Mortgage Control Program. Essentially a tool that ALL variables can be entered to determine the Best alternative for your situation. Care should be taken that you do not end up giving any lender Blanket Security. If you don’t understand, then they will take advantage of you.

I have had a mortgage and Real Estate consulting business for 30 plus years….it would take an initial 2 hour meeting before I could advise a client. In other words all clients differed in some way…so you can’t just “buy off the shelf”

Impossible to advise you in detail on a forum.
    I hesitate to give my telephone number but if you wish…I can be emailed…. [email protected]

Cheers

Billfromoz

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

hi belle498

welcome to the forums!!!
    I think that cashflow positive properties would be an obvious answer. They are a bit thin on the ground as you tend to hear from those looking, but they are out there. Wraps are also good cashflow if you have the time to set them up but they are pretty gnarly with all the legal stuff and I think a little trickier to finance. I would recommend doing a seminar or buying a wrap pack before proceeding.

cheers-
    Mini

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

belle

With equity you can always build cash flow.

Wrapping is an ideal way to increase your long term income and popular with many of our clients who consider capital growth in the major cities maybe a thing of the past in the next couple of years.

Happy to explore the options with you.

Cheers Richard
    [email protected]

There is no such thing as a problem.
    Just a solution waiting to be found

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

belle

With equity you can always build cash flow.

Wrapping is an ideal way to increase your long term income and popular with many of our clients who consider capital growth in the major cities maybe a thing of the past in the next couple of years.

Happy to explore the options with you.

Cheers Richard
    [email protected]

There is no such thing as a problem.
    Just a solution waiting to be found

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cash-strapped’ is closed to new replies.