All Topics / The Treasure Chest / when is enough .. enough?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of gwagwagwagwa
    @gwagwa

I have always bought things that no one is much interested in. While everyone was buying shares I was buying property, now it’s shares.
    In todays dollars, I can’t seem to be able to spend more that $1000 a week being very extravagant! But my property income is $600 p/w (conservative). My super will be giving me about $500. All in todays dollar terms.

There seems to be a lot of people saying to buy lots of properties. I would like to understand why? It seems as if half a dozen or so is enough for most investors wanting to have a comfortable lifestyle. Can anyone encourage me to keep buying? Even though I am able to, I can’t see the point.

Greg

Profile photo of LAURALAURA
    @laura

Ok, if have succesfully achieved financial independence to support a comfortable lifestyle and no longer feel the need to keep buying more property.. whats the problem? I say well done and stop at that then…hehe
    I supose people keep going to achieve EXTREME financial independence..and thats what the majority of our society feel they need for a happy and secure future.

Prior planning prevents p*ss poor performance

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

Agreed, if your cash flow is supporting your lifestyle and you dont need anymore, then enjoy the rest of your life. [:D]

Take a holiday and live of your hard work in creating a good cash flow. [:D]

Unless your offering to give us your surplus money [;)]

Regards,
    Arty.

[:)]
    “Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Profile photo of BanditBandit
    Participant
    @bandit

A shameless quote “The world is never enough”.

Another, “Greed is good” courtesy of Gordon Gecko Wall Street.

Profile photo of hilaryhilary
    @hilary

Don’t know who said it, other than Germaine Greer, but I like it.
    “discontent is a great motivator”

talk about turning a neg into a pos!!!!!!![;)]

Profile photo of CherCher
    Participant
    @cher

Hi; First posting.
    Retired early and now living very happily off rental investments. While ‘enough could be enough’, I agree with Steve’s insistance on managing your portfolio of properties. e.g.Some get old and need to be sold while you build on the land beside or behind others to develop new ones etc.
    Also when hubby and I started, interest rates were 18% & we sold our lovely house and bought 2 crappy ones, (which our 3 teenagers hated us for) one to rent out.
    But boy, did they learn heaps so that all 3 now in their 30s have their own renters, one using hers to fund a dog refuge.
    In short, we still actively look for properties to add to or replace others and it is a wonderful lifestyle.It also includes keeping our tenants happy too.
    Hope this helps.[:D]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘when is enough .. enough?’ is closed to new replies.