All Topics / Forum Frolic / My Son the “MILLIONAIRE”

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi there,

When shopping with Simon this Wednesday arvo, the lane I went into had one trolley on one side. Usually, I like to travel in the centre of the eisle, to avoid little hands reaching for things because of their big eyes. Anyway, As I passed my trolley to the other side of the eisle, out shot Simon’s arm and unceremoniously deposited about 60 spices, salt and pepper products onto the floor. As they are in round containers, they rolled under the display shelves, people were stepping on them as I tried to pick them up before someone broke their neck. [:P]
    A while ago (about 2 years ago) Phillip, who loves to feed the plastic guide dogs money, decided to give a ‘real’ guide dog money, as the man and his dog where collecting money for the Royal Guide dog association. Luckily the dog was smart enough not to take the money.
    I’ve started giving Phillip money when we go into the fruit and vegi store and I tell him to pay the grocer. He’s great and even waits for the change [:D]!!!

Have a good weekend
    Sooshie [:)]

When a problem is created the solution is created simultaneously

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

10 year old: Mum..can I use the phone?
    Me: OK but only for 15 minutes.

I got the phone back within the 15 minutes..I was impressed!! As I was telling her how happy I was she had paid attention (for a change LOL) the phone rang…. it was for her. The little bugger had arranged for her friend to call back so I couldnt put a time limit on the call. Kids learn to quick!! Just as well I know how to unplug the phone hahahahaha

~ If at first you dont succeed…destroy ALL evidence you ever tried to begin with! ~

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi there,

OOOO Pinky, She’s entering the teenage years [:P].

Michael, (about 2 weeks ago) at Mathew Flinders resturant, was playing with Simon and Phillip on their indoor slide (curly slide). All of a sudden, Michael screeches… “Ehhh…I’m stuck”, luckily Simon and Phillip had come down first, but all the other children where now standing at the bottom of the slide, sticking their heads in trying to find the “Stuck Man”. Eventually, 3 minutes later, Michael came down sideways (???) and all the children were happy again to have their slide back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time: 6:30 am This Saturday morning
    Scene: our bed

Phillip:
    “I want to come into your bed and
    sleep with you mummy and dad”

Michael: “Errrrr”

Me:
    “Okay, but be quiet, Daddy wants to
    sleep still”

Phillip:
    (Now snuggled in our bed, between Mike and I)

Michael and I: (quietly dozing)

Phillip:
    “There was one in the bed and the little
    said, ‘Roll Over’ ‘Roll Over’, so the
    one in the middle did what the little
    one said and ‘Rolled Over’ ‘Rolled Over’

(Phillip does a starfish and pushes his
    little bony feet into our sides –
    Ouch [B)][B)][B)])
    And they all roll
    out”
    (Mike and I now hanging onto the
    sides of the bed)

Mike and I:
    “PHILLIP” !!!

Wouldn’t it would be great to have a robot to entertain the boys till at least 8am in the morning! [:D]

G-d bless children [^]

Cheers
    Sooshie [:D]

Profile photo of EcclesEccles
    @eccles

quote:

Wouldn’t it would be great to have a robot to entertain the boys till at least 8am in the morning! [:D]

G-d bless children [^]

[

Isn’t that what TV timers and video timers are for????
    TV comes on and video comes on at 6am generally their favourite one and when thatfinishes the cartoons are on once video reaches end of tape and turns itself off.

Or if its a DVD it works even better cos it will start playing all by itself! [:D]

Bronwen

If the good die young then I will live forever

@sooshie

Hi,

Yes, the T.V goes on, but Phillip likes US to entertain him. He knows that ‘Mummy’ can be very funny (at times). Besides, as long as he lies still and keeps quiet (a virtual impossibility) it’s really sweet to cuddle him. Simon is young enough, to still enjoy babbling to himself in his cot.
    I gave Phillip some Duplo to play with this morning after the ‘roll over’ song. So he played on the mat next to my bed and I sat on the floor and played with him (7am).
    Hopefully I can sleep in till 7am tomorrow.

Wishful thinking
    Sooshie [;)]

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

quote:

OOOO Pinky, She’s entering the teenage years

[:D]

We have always been overprotective of our 2 girls, anyway, this morning Pinky is working…. I got up and its “we need bread..” from the kids.[|)][|)]

So for the first time i let them look after the house, while i was gone to the shops.[:O][:O]

I gave them the ground rules:
    – Dont answer the door to anyone you DONT know.
    So nana, and family are ok!.
    – Lock the door when I go and dont open it until i come back.
    – Here are a list of phone numbers, JUST IN CASE.. your hurt, or there is a problem that you need someone urgently!.
    My mobile .. mums mobile..mums work number..
    [:)][:)]

Anyway, I go out, while im in the shop with an arm full of bread, milk, peanut butter, etc.. my mobile rings !!.. [:O][:O]

It was in my pocket and I got it out and it was my eldest (first thoughts jump im my head…..geez).. anyway, the emergency was.. “my youngest” was stuck in the toilet! [:O][:O]…. we have no toilet paper.. [8)] can you get some while you are there please… my heart stopped then restarted ..LOL [:D]

I came home to “I rang your phone.. and you got the toilet paper.. YAY!..” [:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

[:)]
    “Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

@sooshie

Hi Arty,

I bet you’ve never been happier to buy toilet paper! [:D]
    What are the ages of your pride?

Cheers

Profile photo of ActTodayActToday
    Participant
    @acttoday

At about the same time our youngest was learning to use a knife and fork we had a cow (cowboy)to be butchered. While in transit to “the butcher” our son asked how the slaughtering was done. After an explaination he asked “Does the butcher have to hold Cowboy with a fork too?”
    No 1 son was having a sleep over with his amply proportioned Nana who said as tucking him in to bed “Goodnight my dear sweet adorable little grandson” With a twinkle in his eye he came straight back with “Goodnight my dear sweet adorable big fat Nana” Nana loved it.
    My suggestion to all parents of babies is to keep a note book and write down and date all little happenings because by time they are five you will wish you had.

Participant
    @arty

Judith.. so true.. mine are asking question like “what did i do when i was a baby ?…”[:)]

I tell then things like, “..fighting with the cat for the cat food bowl.. haha.. and ..changing your bum just to find you did it again..” [xx(]

Regards,
    Arty.

Participant
    @arty

Sooshie.. ours are 7 and just 10.
    I know they are the age to leave themselves, it just we have been over protective. [:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

Participant
    @arty

Sooshie.. ours are 7 and just 10.
    I know they are the age to leave themselves, it just we have been over protective. [:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

@sooshie

Hi Arty,

7 and 10 are able to fend for themselves pretty much. I’ve got 15 (nieces and nephews combined)on my side of the family and 12 (soon to be 13) nieces and nephews combined on Mike’s side of the family. Birthday’s are a very expensive undertaking, very noisy, and very exhausting. I did Simon’s 1st Birthday at a indoor play centre and it cost about 1K. He’ll be 2 on the 4th of November, so this year I’ll just get immediate family together.
    Went to a 5 and 3 year old’s party at an indoor play centre on Sunday, and one of the mum’s went off and left her son, who just cried and cried throughout the party. I picked him up and cuddled him and got Phillip to give him some food. Finally, he stopped crying and went off to play, but I couldn’t understand leaving a 3 year old, even though all his friends were there. I know the mum was doing it tough (pregnant with the 6th child), but still very [:(]
    You wouldn’t believe the politics that go on at a child’s birthday party….WHoooooo! [B)][B)][B)]
    I’m so glad to be Switzerland! [8D]

Things are sure different to when my mum was bringing up us children.

Cheers

Participant
    @arty

Sooshie,

I couldnt leave a 3 yo at a party. [:(]

We often drop our 7/10 yo off at McDonalds parties, etc. [:)]

Or host our own and let the parents drop off the kids. [:)]
    We had one boy dropped of for our daughters birthday…. all GIRLS, so he was left out… [:(]
    he was sad the entire party, we tried to communicate with him, but the bottom lip said it all.. [:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

@sooshie

Hi Arty,

There used to be a commercial about that… I think it went something like the boy saying “I’m getting in touch with my feminine side”.
    I can imagine why he’d feel a little out of place.
    Nope, I couldn’t leave a 3 year old or even a 5 year old by themself. 7 and 10 is already getting to the age, where they are shooing the parents away [:D]
    How much do Macca’s parties cost?

Cheers

Participant
    @arty

Sooshie, Pinky usually books them, but I think it works out around $10 a child… it covers a happy meal, 1.5 hours in the room, and either games or face painting. [:D]

It doesnt cover fathers getting stuck in the tubes though LOL [:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

Profile photo of www.Landlords.co.nzwww.Landlords.co.nz
    @www.landlords.co.nz

back in the day.. (ooh im so old now!)
    i used to work at maccas,

even hosting the parties (so much fun! compared to doing the normal slog.

And you get to give the kids back at the end. [:D]

Funniest one tho, was a chick got taken there (blindfolded) for her 25th! I got to host it. and ensure all the silly kiddies things were done.

I dont think the BF was in the good books afterwards. Even with the plastic ronald plate that she got as the present.

Wouldnt kids now day, be more into a counterstrike party? ooh ooh what about paint ball.
    shooting. yeah!

Craig
    NZ Property Investing News
    http://www.Landlords.co.nz

@sooshie

Hi there,

Arty, if you hadn’t guessed by now, I’ve got a weird sense of humour [:D], I probably would have laughed (just like I did when Mike got stuck) to see a grown man stuch in the tubes!

Considering a McHappy meal is $3.95 (basic unit) to charge $10 they’d have to do a lot of entertaining for 1.5 hours. Tidy little profits for them though!

Craig, ‘Shootball’ or ‘Paintball’ would be ace! Many years ago I played a laser version at the Fun Factory (which was? at the cnr of Toorak and Chapel St, in Melbourne). My Dad (“Smiley”) and Mike, played one team and Mum and I played the other. When I couldn’t find my targets and I got bored, I used mum for target practice (mum was so trusting [;)][:D]) No wonder I won! We all had fun though and it was a great workout. I slept well that night.

Cheers

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

sooshie…..a maccas party is $6.95 per kid….and maccas supply an ice cream cake and a hostess. She will play games and serve food and lead the Happy Bday song. The Bday boy or girl gets a present (dont expect much tho LOL) and all the kids get a maccas party bag to take home, full of..well..stuff…but not lollies. You also get ONE photo (dont ask for 2 they hate that LOL)

I have organized soo many parties at maccas I know the drill…..and the best thing is NO CLEANING UP!!![;)]

~ If at first you dont succeed…destroy ALL evidence you ever tried to begin with! ~

Participant
    @arty

Oh…see told you Pinky did the bookings … i fuzzy guessed $10… [:I]

[:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

@sooshie

Hi there,

That sounds better! Actually sounds like a reasonable deal. Now if they improved the taste and nutritional value of the food!!!

Thanks Pinky [:)] I guess you are the social secratary just as I am [8D].

Cheers

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.