All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Best and Worst

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi everyone,

I was wondering what people find is the ‘Best and Worst’ of this forum. Be brave and share what you like with us.
    In the spirit of things, I will go first. As I like to always finish on a positive I will end with the ‘Best’.

Worst: Hmmm…I guess it’s due to the traffic, but finding a post on page 5, only 1 day after it has been posted. If I can’t remember the title or author of the post, I can’t do a search on it, so going page by page through the topics can be very time consuming.

Best: The Quality:- Both of the wonderful people who frequent this site and of the advice given in response to the posts. It truly makes for a wonderful learning experience and a great way to network. Keep up the good work…Well Done [8D][8D][8D]

What are your ideas? Let’s hear them, step up to the base…

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]

“small steps make the journey” (SAS)

Profile photo of Carlo10Carlo10
    Participant
    @carlo10

Sooshie,

Well I’m still fairly new in this so don’t have a worst yet.. [:P]
    But the best for me is…
    Just getting great advice and finding out different situations that people share here have really learnt and plus everything that we get from this site are FREE!!! woohoo!

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi Carlo10,

Thanks for sharing [8D]. I agree with you about about the sharing of different experiences, too. I tried to be very brief with my post, but I could go on for quite some time about the wonderful parts of this forum, ie. the sharing, the spirit of good will, the personalities of some of the people who post[:0)] etc. And you’re right…IT’s FREE and “Free is good” (a saying pinched from my father-in-law).

Thankyou and enjoy
    Sooshie [:)]

“small steps make the journey” (SAS)

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

worst- i agree the search capabilities of the forum( it’s rocketing along) be great if when you next log on you were able to pull up topics you had been involved in since last visit, that way check replies, add to forum etc..

best[black] the “wealth” of information contained within and the willingness of people to share thier experiences and advice for those new to the game, you could produce “another book” just on the information garnered within the forum…. “forum follies” [:0)]

A seminars link or something similar per state would also be great, providing information as to what’s going on in your “nick of the woods”

How about a “templates site” while i’m doing my christmas wish list here, that you could print out and utilize when inspecting properties, quiering agents etc.. these templates could then recieve input from those “experienced” members requesting additions to them or detracting from them ?

Love the information in the forum, someone once told me there’s three kinds of people, “those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that say-what happened!”

this is a gathering of those that make things happen , and a great bunch they are too.[^]

“The man that thinks at 5o as he did when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of his life”

Profile photo of Jay74Jay74
    @jay74

G,day Sooshie,

I am constantly amazed at the willingness of people to offer advice and help to others on this forum and i believe that this is a very unique community we have here.

I’ve been a member for only about 5 weeks and in that short time i have gained so much valuable information about property investing that may of otherwise taken many months or even years to accumulate. Thanks guys!

However i have noticed that the traffic on here has become insane lately as so many more of us become members. I fear that alot of the regulars will stop using the forum if this continues. I think that it has already begun and i’m begging you regulars to stick around. We need you!

My solution to all fellow newbies is if you have a question use the search first to see if this topic has already been discussed. I am betting that most of the time you will be able to find answers this way and avoid having to make a new post. Also try to place your posts in the appropriate forum.

Anyway great site, i use it every day and happy investing to you all.

Jay

Profile photo of www.Landlords.co.nzwww.Landlords.co.nz
    @www.landlords.co.nz

Best Point:
    The number of users! the mind boggles. the cumulative wealth of experience is WOW.

Not so best:
    Message tracking.
    I dont know if snitz offers the following features. others do, and i rate them higly

Private messaging: means people dont have to post their email addresses which get harvested for spam.

reply notification: forum sends you an email with a direct link to the thread if you place a ‘notify on replys..’ so you can follow it up

a better search function: scrolling thru to find a users name is painful (soley due to the numbers)

A maybe (but said very reservedly)
    chat room?

Sooshie, if you admins manage to keep up with all these postings, you are amazing
    [:D]

NZ Property Investing News
    http://www.Landlords.co.nz

Profile photo of Scarecrow7Scarecrow7
    @scarecrow7

Good:
    Lots that others have already mentioned

Things that can improve:
    Search topics by sub-topics ie top 5 or 10 common recurring themes or FAQ’s
    Filter topics by who created it(ie your own topics only)
    Features that’ll help people search, retrieve & store the archives of useful info.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Best and Worst’ is closed to new replies.