Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of basshambassham
    Participant
    @bassham

hi everybody, Am new to all this, but I have a question regarding the $7000 gov grant to first home buyers.My Partner doesnt own a home yet and was wondering if any body knows if she can use this money towards an investment property, without actually having to live there. Thanks[:0)]

Profile photo of BillfromozBillfromoz
    Participant
    @billfromoz

[No]

Billfromoz

hi everybody, Am new to all this, but I have a question regarding the $7000 gov grant to first home buyers.My Partner doesnt own a home yet and was wondering if any body knows if she can use this money towards an investment property, without actually having to live there. Thanks[:0)]
    [/quote]

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

To take it one step further – if your partner hasn’t used it but you have or you own a home and you are defacto or married then she has no entitlement.

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of hallingtonhallington
    @hallington

Wouldn’t even try it—i know someone who received $14000 about 3 years ago—and she’s just recieved a letter now asking her to prove that she ever lived there. She never did but implied at the time that she did. It was only an investment.So now she will have to pay out…hopefully anyway!!
    From my understanding you have to live in it for 6 months yourself to qualify for the grant or you have to move into in within the first year of owning it.
    There is info you can access under nsw or appropriate state government sites all about the FHOG
    Hope that helps
    Hannah

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

You can live there for a month or so within the first year, maybe do a reno.

You need proof of residency:

Drivers licence address change
    Tax dept address change
    Bills in your name for the period

Now you can claim the $7,000…..

Profile photo of FALCONFALCON
    Participant
    @falcon

I randg the apropriate govt agency to ask the question they said;

their is no specified time but you must use it as your primary place of residence in the first year they suggested a for a min time of 3months after which you can do as you please.

Profile photo of bouncecfbouncecf
    Participant
    @bouncecf

Falcon – not sure which gov department you spoke with but there is definately a minimum time you need to live in the property to qualify for the FHO grant. The FHO government website states: "must occupy the home as their principal place of residence for a continuous period of six months commencing within 12 months of settlement or construction of the home." thought i only looked up the NSW rules so maybe it's different for different states??

Bassham – this might help:   http://www.firsthome.gov.au/

good luck!

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

bouncecf – the last post before your's was 7 years ago! You have dug up an old thread.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of kong71286kong71286
    Participant
    @kong71286

lol

lucky you spotted this Terry

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.