Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of ChrissosChrissos
    Participant
    @chrissos

Hi all

Was hoping someone might help with this advice.

I have been discussing with a freind who rents a townhouse for $200 about purchasing prop’s etc. and she mentioned that she would like to buy the property she’s in. I mentioned vaguely to her about wrapping, and perhaps a good idea (thinking outside the square), would be for her to approach her landlord with a wrap deal.

The townhouse she’s in is valued at approximately 120-150k, and she is also entitled to the First home owners grant. She also has about 5k in savings. About 12 – 18 months ago the towns houses were selling for 65-80 k

Q. How would she approach the landlord so that this would be a win win situation?

Kindest

Chris.

Profile photo of hilaryhilary
    @hilary

Sounds to me like she could afford to buy this place with a normal loan. Call a broker – she might be surprised.[8D]

Profile photo of dennisdennis
    @dennis

Chrissos,
    Out of interest, in what area is this property located?
    Regards

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Your friend will need a min 5% deposit to buy. Don’t include the FHOG as this will be needed to cover LMI, SD and other purchase costs.

So at the price range listed she will need $6 – 7.5K genuine savings. The more she has the better.

She will also need the income to service a debt like this.

Assuming no dependents and a small credit card she will need about $30K pa. There are so many variables involved so treat this as a rough figure only.

Hope this helps,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of ChrissosChrissos
    Participant
    @chrissos

Thanks all that responded

The area is on the Gold Coast.

Two school age kids – I think she makes about 30 k per year.

Kindest

Chris.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Reverse Wrap’ is closed to new replies.