All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Positive Cashflow properties in Western Australia?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of peterhutchypeterhutchy
    @peterhutchy

Hi, i’m a buddind young wanna be investor from the south-west regoin of WA who has just obtained finance for up to $70,000. The problem is I’m having trouble finding a property that could produce a positive cashflow.

Does anyone know of some good area’s in WA to invest in for under $70,000? Your feed back would be much appreciated Thank you.

Peter Hutchinson

Profile photo of FALCONFALCON
    Participant
    @falcon

Hi Peter.

im from south west too and just getting into it ive been studing prices for a couple of months and have found plenty that fit the 11 sec rule in and around the south west. check out some of the smaller towns thats where most of them are located.
    p.s most are under 70 000 so shouldsuit you well.

Profile photo of peterhutchypeterhutchy
    @peterhutchy

quote:

Hi Peter.

im from south west too and just getting into it ive been studing prices for a couple of months and have found plenty that fit the 11 sec rule in and around the south west. check out some of the smaller towns thats where most of them are located.

Profile photo of peterhutchypeterhutchy
    @peterhutchy
    Quote:
    Hi Peter.

Thanks for your help I was just wondering which areas in the south west are you talking about collie, capel, donnybrook, etc?

Profile photo of BorgodBorgod
    Participant
    @borgod

I too have noticed the low cost housing in Donnybrook. Lovely area and only 2 hours from Perth, but with the plunging timber industry I wouldnt expect a flood of tenants.

I lived in Manjimup for 2 years and its more doom ‘n’ gloom than it was when I was there (3 years ago)

Nothing beats the WA South-West but, best part of Australia! [:D]

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

i know i sound like a broken record but have a look at Geraldton, greenough even..

I know people making money up north with all the work that’s going on “burrup” etc… but then again they’ve got the cash to get invest in the first place.. we’ve gotta look at the smaller places and look at the crystal ball.

i personally like anything near the ocean or the river

“The man that thinks at 5o as he did when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of his life”

Profile photo of FALCONFALCON
    Participant
    @falcon

well peter Collie does have a number of +ve places but its a tough one because with the uncertainty of coal fired power stations and the fact its been a steadly shrinking town over the last 15 years but…..?

Borgod, you mention donnybrook and the timber industry but donnybrook isnt a timber town but i agree lovely area wouldnt mind moving there one day.

another town is boyup brook not quite as picturesque but i know a few people with +ve cash ips there,its pretty stale not really growing or shrinking.

Profile photo of BorgodBorgod
    Participant
    @borgod

Falcon, you’re correct Donnybrook isnt classed as a Timber Town but close enough to feel the effects of the declining Timber Industry.

Having said that, I think Sotico are building their new Mill close to Donnybrook.

Profile photo of scotty1scotty1
    @scotty1

Try Kalgoorlie. Just got back to Melbourne 2 weeks ago from a trip to Bunbury, Collie and Kalgoorlie. Forget Bunbury, the most you will get there is about 7-8%, but might be good for capital growth. Collie didnt do much for me and again returns were about 8%. Found heaps of 9 to 10.5% yields in Kalgoorlie (population approx 30000. Wages are high. A much better town than I expected to find. Seems to be on a rise at the moment, and with Kambalda (60kms away) ready to boom with the nickel mines and no rentals available there, many workers from there will rent in Kalgoorlie. From the research I have done, it appears Kalgoorlie property cycles run opposite to mainstream Australia. When the stock market rebounds(gold prices etc) Kalgoorlie starts its boom cycle. This helps balance my portfolio which includes properties in Launceston, Melbourne, Beenleigh, Eagleby, Woodridge and Cairns.(All positive cashflow)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Positive Cashflow properties in Western Australia?’ is closed to new replies.