Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of FrankYoungFrankYoung
    @frankyoung

Identify the next BOOM suburb/town!

..Mr Young

Profile photo of Matt PMatt P
    @matt-p

I would have to say it is Ballina because there has only recently been a fairly large increase in commercial buildings

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

sans souci in Sydney did really well last year and I have a huge vibe for it and that whole coast line just on the other side of the airport.

probably wouldn’t be CF+ve though, hehe

if you had the capital you could make a fortune doing a cathy jayne style makeover on a whole block.

“Cathy Jayne Developments recently transformed
    an ugly, derelict cream-brick apartment block at 98 Seaview Road, West Beach, into a stunning Mediterranean-style building encompassing two townhouses and three apartments.”

and a picture of it

http://www.cathyjayne.com.au/media_details.asp?id=5

another one here

http://www.cathyjayne.com.au/media_details.asp?id=3

this is possibly the best one

http://www.cathyjayne.com.au/media_details.asp?id=2

she buys them for $65000, does a $20000 reno and sells them for $199,500

and she does that to a whole block….

and there are lots of blocks in sans souci

Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel

Midland WA and surrounds….a multimillion $ redevelopment of the commercial district planned.

http://netvantage.netfirms.com

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

Anything by the water, anywhere.

Profile photo of TeacherK6TeacherK6
    @teacherk6

Mr Young…

Anywhere around Campbelltown, near Sydney. There is almost a new suburb or 2 getting built there every year! and there is still TONS of farming land in the area.. actually heard on the radio just this morning that re-zoning has taken place on some rural land there, and plans are underway for new dwellings (whole suburb perhaps?!?) for 50,000 people.

PS Bought my first IP there 4 years ago for $144 K (3 br BV house)… boy how things hav changed…

Jason :)

Profile photo of FrankYoungFrankYoung
    @frankyoung

are you guys bookies? usually the favourite is not the first past the post.

Frank Young

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

WayneL,

not sure but i think that project just got dumped didn’t it.

I was eagerly looking at Midland/Guildford if it went ahead tooHmmmmmmmmm oh well onwards and upwards

redwing

“The man that thinks at 5o as he did when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of his life”

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

Id say follow the Ring Road, Melbourne. The west gate put Yarraville up, then Altona/Brooklyn (own experience)… I would say the older part of West Sunshine, then north from there off the exits…. they are starting to pull the old houses down and build new. Its close to the ring road/city. [8)] “they thought a man couldnt fly either!..”

Regards,
    Arty.

[:)]
    “Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Profile photo of enduserenduser
    @enduser

Hastings has to be the goer in Melbourne. The Citilink puts Melbourne Airport only 60 minutes by car and population is increasing very quickly. Much municipal expenditure as well as commercial.

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

hi all

i really think that Ballarat, Geelong and other regional cities could go higher. unfortunately i don’t own any in these 2 cities. they are still cheap compared to the city. the State government’s new $1,000,000 campaign to encourage people to live in rural cities will only help push up prices in these and other rural places.
    regards westan

Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel

quote:

WayneL,

not sure but i think that project just got dumped didn’t it.

I was eagerly looking at Midland/Guildford if it went ahead tooHmmmmmmmmm oh well onwards and upwards

redwing

Oh damn!!! That area is close to my new home. (Stoneville)…..coulda kept a close eye on it all….ah, but alak alas, back to the drawing board.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.