All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Buying an Investment Property already rented out

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of merlomerlo
    @merlo

Hi everyone…love the discussions

I purchased an investment property last year that was already rented out to a tenant. I was told by a solicitor later that if I had of put on the contract “On going concern” I would not have had to pay stamp duty..as it was already tenanted…I thought this a little bizzare..can anyone shed some light on this?

thanks

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

Haven’t heard this one before Merlo. I’d be interested to see responses from others. Sounds too good to be true.

Profile photo of HotRodHotRod
    @hotrod

Are you sure he wasn’t talking about the stamp duty on the lease? If the lease is for an extended period the SD can be quite a bit depending where you are.

Don’t know of any way getting around SD on the sale of a property etc. Someone has to pay and it generally the purchaser.

Later……..

Profile photo of diclemdiclem
    @diclem

Yes, please guys,

Someone answer this question one way or the other!

Keep smiling,

Sue [:)]

Be careful not step on the flowers when you’re looking at the stars

Profile photo of merlomerlo
    @merlo

‘ll go back to the source of information and check exactly what he means….sounds to good to be true…doesn’t it….Merlo
    [/quote]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Buying an Investment Property already rented out’ is closed to new replies.