All Topics / Opinionated! / Cashflow 101 game

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Profile photo of luckyoneluckyone
    @luckyone

Hello All,

Does anyone happen to know if there is an electronic version of the cashflow 101 game available? I played the board game last night for the first time and absolutely loved it. I now want to get preferably an electronic version of it as then I can play against the computer (my friends aren’t interested in investing or learning about it in the most part).

Otherwise, does anyone know where I can buy the board game cheaply. I did a search through Google and the cheapest price I came up with was $299.00. I’m sure there are better deals out there.

Ta!

Profile photo of slatzagainslatzagain
    @slatzagain

I have one you can buy. I’ve only played it a few times, it’s as new. I also have the 202 additional game that plays on the same board.

If interested contact me at darren @ graphic-designer.com if interested. It depends where you are though – they’r equite heavy so expect postage may be a bit extreme.

cheers,
    Darren.

Profile photo of Chris-SydChris-Syd
    Participant
    @chris-syd

As yet there is no electronic version. If you check out http://www.richdad.com they are making a playable computer game so that you can play with others.

Chris

All post are IMHO.

Profile photo of luckyoneluckyone
    @luckyone

Thanks Slatz, I will be e-mailing you shortly.

Chris, I will be getting onto the rich dad website right now!

Thanks guys,
    Luckyone

@luckyone

Hi Chris,

I’ve just had a look at the electronic version. You have to be a member to be able to play it + it costs $99.00. Don’t know how much membership costs but I will be looking into it.
    See ya!

Profile photo of camvivcamviv
    Participant
    @camviv

Here is where you can buy it in Australia and it dosn’t mention anything about joining.

$185 Aus

http://www.powwowevents.com.au/site/bookstore%26pr=2000287

and Hi Chris-Syd I wonder if you can work out who I am as I know you in person [:P]

Cam.

@luckyone

Hi Cam,
    Thanks for that link. I’ll be looking into it more. Do you happen to know if it’s the same as the American version which seems to indicate that you need to play it over the net?
    Luckyone

Profile photo of hallingtonhallington
    @hallington

Hi luckyone
    From my understanding the e game available through pow wow is one that you play against the computer whilst the online version available from Rich Dad’s Website enables you to play with people allover the world–which would be great. I’m personally not all that keen on paying the US$16-26/month for access to his network as well as the US$99 for the game. I’ll stick to the board game I have.
    Up to you though
    hannah

Profile photo of camvivcamviv
    Participant
    @camviv

Hi Luckyone I just rang the 1300 no. on their web site and they said that it is only single player at the moment but are looking into the multiplayer option.

cam.

Profile photo of silverbullet77silverbullet77
    @silverbullet77

I actually have bought the egame from powwow – $194 all up.

Its quite good fun to play and interesting to see how poor cashflow management can get you into trouble easily.

Its excellent practice on Richdad’s financial statement – where downpayments, total cost and cashflow all go. But I am unsure how this relates to accounting in the real world (for the ATO!).

I think you can play online from Australia, you have to join RichDad’s insiders however – US$10 per month at the moment.

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hi guys

I bought the game about two weeks ago (well, I rec’d it then anyway). Now it seems that I’m either catching up on this forum, or playing the game.

You can play as a single player against up to four computer players. You can also play up to 5 individual people (they call it hot-seat multi player – ie you take turns in front of the computer to have your turn). It’s a max of 5 players, with any mix of humans or computer players.

I’ve not played online, but there is an option in the egame to connect and play against others – using the game you have. As I said, not sure how that works.

It’s good to play though – much much faster than all that erasing and adding up you do on the board game.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of jezjez
    @jez

Might be worth asking around if you want to find people to play the board game with. Might even be some people here who are interested. — Jeremy Melbourne

Profile photo of abbruzziabbruzzi
    Participant
    @abbruzzi

I have heard that there are clubs or just small groups of people who meet regularly to play the board game.

I would be interested to play the game if there are any people interested in Sydney.

Don't own the game myself but would be willing to join a group and bring a few beers, I live on North side.

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

It is such a shame you have to pay to join the insiders group when a game like ms halo does the multi playing on other peoples servers and ms just lists the servers available for free.

Profile photo of MultoGrandeMultoGrande
    @multogrande

Is there a group in Sydney that plays? I might be up for it if anyone was doing it already.

Profile photo of marcadrian78marcadrian78
    @marcadrian78

I haven't played the cashflow game, but I tell you what I have been getting into lately – SIMCITY DELUXE 4.

It has taught me a lot about zoning, water requirements, traffic, transport, budgets etc. I can highly recommend it.

I'm in the lower north shore and would be interested in joining a cashflow game if anyone hosts one. I don't know how to play it, but how hard can making money be? :)

Profile photo of RVPRVP
    @rvp

If anyone in Adelaide is interested in playing this educational game then please pm me its a great learing tool for newbies and just great fun for seasoned investors who can show off their skills.

Profile photo of scott8aflscott8afl
    @scott8afl
    luckyone wrote:
    Hello All, Does anyone happen to know if there is an electronic version of the cashflow 101 game available? I played the board game last night for the first time and absolutely loved it. I now want to get preferably an electronic version of it as then I can play against the computer (my friends aren't interested in investing or learning about it in the most part). Otherwise, does anyone know where I can buy the board game cheaply. I did a search through Google and the cheapest price I came up with was $299.00. I'm sure there are better deals out there. Ta!

try ebay

Profile photo of drpinoydrpinoy
    @drpinoy

Hi all,

Im new to the investing group also… New may actually be an understatement lol. In any case, ive played the game a few times but have now moved to Sydney from Adelaide. Its great and id love to get into a group that will play and learn together as they say 'two minds are greater than one'

I live in the Parramatta area so im keen for weekly meetings. drop me an e-mail if ur interested.

[email protected]

P.s. i dont have the board game either but am going to buy it as soon as i can allocate the funds.

Profile photo of 888Abundance888Abundance
    Participant
    @888abundance

Hi Drpinoy

I have some contact details for some people who have purchased 'Property Millionaire – the Boardgame' (which is a close simulation of the Australian residential property market) from my website at http://www.888abundance.com or drop me a line at [email protected] with your details and I'll see if I can put you in touch with them.

Cheers

Gary

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.