Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of FrankYoungFrankYoung
    @frankyoung

i heard SE Qld is taking off, is it worth looking at? any advice?

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

I think it’s already at 20,000 feet Frank! “They” all seem to be saying it’s going to get 30% higher over the next three years though. You’ll be pretty much negatively geared on anything within Cooee of Brisbane though.
    Jim.

Profile photo of picja1picja1
    @picja1

You could look at it this way.

The property investors have nearly snapped everything up from the Goldy to the Sunshine Coast and everything in bewtween.

So with this they start looking elsewhere, regional. There has been a few reports saying that Toowoomba,Warwick etc… areas are on the cusp of the property boom. Houses are selling within 90 minutes of being on the market.

Although, investors have already snapped up most and increased the market price up quite considerably over the last quarter. It should still rise.

But just a few points to consider

[email protected]

Profile photo of brownwombatbrownwombat
    Participant
    @brownwombat

Hi Frank,
    I spent 3 weeks on the gold coast in July looking, walking, talking, reading etc – I reckon I know every re agent by their 1st name on the northern side of the coast. My advise – forget it. We bought there 15 months ago and that place has gone up 50% in that time. I agree with picja – don’t waste your time there – look for new ground.

Profile photo of jasonvjasonv
    @jasonv

quote:

i heard SE Qld is taking off, is it worth looking at? any advice?

I have a contact(estate agent) who sells positively geared property, who is up on using depreciation etc to show a paper loss, even though the property has a +ve cash flow. If you would like her to contact you to see what she has to offer, drop me a line. Of course, I get a referral fee from her.

Profile photo of AllegroAllegro
    Participant
    @allegro

Jasonv

She can contact me. Thanks.

M

Profile photo of bribiebribie
    Participant
    @bribie

I’m based in Brisbane and have been looking around. As others have said basically from Gympie to the northern NSW border has exploded and whereas a few months ago you would have seen newspaper ads for under 100K in Toowoomba etc, you can add almost 50K now.

I laso spoke to a work collegue in Rockhampton on Friday and he confirmed that the market has also taken off there and if anything is available, then you will have to send big dollars doing it up. This same person had recently visited Barcaldine where someone that he knew spent $110K on a property and then was going to spend another $20K doing it up. It is likely to be a long time before this person will recoup their money.

There are bargain out there – just need to be patient and prepared to act when they become available.

Bribie

Profile photo of BanditBandit
    Participant
    @bandit

I have to agree. I bought my own residential unit before the boom here in Brisbane and it has appreciated ~50% in the last 2 years. [:D]

I can’t seem to find anything locally (5km from city centre) that comes close to the 11sec solution. [:(]

I’ll keep looking though…. who knows. [:)]

Profile photo of BeanieBeanie
    Participant
    @beanie

I’m based in Gladstone and everything has basically jumped 50 to 100% in the last 18 months Rockhampton is experiencing the same thing at the moment.

Profile photo of jasonvjasonv
    @jasonv

quote:

Jasonv

She can contact me. Thanks.

M

Here name is Robyn Woodford, leave your phone contact details at [email protected]. Thanks.

Profile photo of HousesOnlyHousesOnly
    Participant
    @housesonly

Frank
    SE QLD has increased in value by 50-100% over the last 2 years but in the 20 years preceding that most postcodes realised a very low increase (between 0% and 2%). One example I heard yesterday was that a friend bought a waterfront home on the canals at Raby Bay for $900K 18 months ago and it has just gone on the market now for $3m. Now call me conservative but I cannot imagine how these current prices can be underpinned by any form of proper fundamentals. There is “Not” as many people would have you believe a mass migration of people from NSW and VIC. Nor is there a migration of business to QLD, if anything there are more businesses closing down or moving south than there are moving into QLD. So the long and the short of it to my mind is that prices are over-cooked at the moment and the bubble is more pronounced here in QLD than in Syd. or Melb.

I know that many will disagree with me but take a cautious approach.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘SE QLD’ is closed to new replies.