All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Land Title (please advise ASAP)!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of fulloutfullout
    @fullout

when i buy a property, do i get the land title as well? All i remember getting is the Section 32, and the transfer of title.

I remember working in an architecture office, and the owners all have to give a copy of the Land Title to the architect( a very old document with old writing saying “On this date etc, blabla , Parish of Waka Waka, balblebla, then Owner’s name”. Then on the bottom is a little drawing of the land measurments.

What does one get that Title?? The council? or what.

Please advice

Discount is King, and Free is grandaddy of all Kings!

Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

Fullout,
    I remember my dad saying a few years ago that the bank holds all property title paperwork until the loan is paid out. I think he said he gets a copy of it but they hang on to it.

At least you know it is safe! I could be wrong and my memory hazy but someone else can tell me I am wrong. I don’t mind. [:X]
    Steph.

Success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.

Profile photo of truebluetrueblue
    @trueblue

You can get a copy of the title from your local Dept of Land Administration.

Profile photo of diclemdiclem
    @diclem

My experience is that the bank keeps the original title of your property, as long as you have a mortgage over that property they keep it. I think if you default on your loan the title gives them the right to sell your property.

Once you own your property outright, you can have the title released to you. Usually there is a fee for that, of course.

That’s my take on it anyway,

Sue [:)]

Be careful not step on the flowers when you’re looking at the stars

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Land Title (please advise ASAP)!’ is closed to new replies.