All Topics / The Treasure Chest / raising queenslander

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of feathersfeathers
    @feathers

Hi all, I have just recently purchased a low set queenslander in the suburb or Brighton as an IP. I am wondering if anyone has had experience in raising a low set queesnlander, if so what would be approximate costs to do so, (considering everything was as per normal as far as footings etc and no extra costs needed to be considered) and can anyone possibly give me the names of reputable people that could do this for me.My email is [email protected]
    Many thanks in anticipation.
    Feathers

Profile photo of bribiebribie
    Participant
    @bribie

Hi Feathers,

We have raised and slid Queenslanders and postwar homes in Brisbane. We used a house removalist Rick Morris but there are quite a number who do this. You will also need plumber, electrician, draftsperson, Council fees etc. Cost will depend on size of house, number of stumps etc but $15K+ is probably a starting area.

Bribie

Profile photo of feathersfeathers
    @feathers

Hi Bribie, tnx for the reply, i will research it some more and agree would need alot more than just the house removalist. It would be my first raise and tossing up the cost versus return. The ip is in an area that i may get some long distance sea views if i raise the house so it is worth the research. Thanks again. Feathers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘raising queenslander’ is closed to new replies.