All Topics / The Treasure Chest / am I the only one?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

I have to ask…..am I the only one not quite grasping the book?

I mean I read books all the time!! 2 or 3 books a week… but they are always fiction….you know….vampires and rabid rottweilers and possessed cars (OK OK I am a HUGE stephen king fan)

But reading Steves book….I seem to be getting lost in it all. Im about half way thru it and it seems my options are now:

A) Start the book again..
    or
    B) Kick the dog, burn the book and pray I win tattslotto

Thanx to steves tip about a dollar saved…the money saving thing to do now is to start the book again. The dog is releived…..[^][^]

Profile photo of ImstillhungryImstillhungry
    @imstillhungry

Well Pinky, the author is one of those accountant types, you know. They are quite intelligent…but a little low on artistic creativity [:O]

I haven’t read his book, BUT I was bogged down with a text on family systems psychological theory by some french guy (?) once that I couldn’t really come to grips with. I mentioned it to my lecturer and she said that I should read it through like a novel and then read it again slowly digesting every point the author was making. It worked for me. You could give that a try…just don’t give up…Oh and leave that poor old dog alone hey…dogs are people too[:D]

Nice ta meet ya
    Hungry[:D]

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

yes you are the only one !

joking only ! [;)]

I think if you don’t have any idea about the property then it will take some time to understand things same happen to me when I was reading my first book some time ago. now when I read these type of books lot’s of time I know what writer going to write in next page [:D]..

you will be perfect also.
    do you have already your naked army which distracting you reading the book. [:P]

Cheers
    Amit

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

hey hungry :) thanx for that…Ill try it.

Amit, Im sure Ill get it….eventually! LOL
    As for my naked army…what can I say? Too many servants and not enough time! hahahaha [:P]

~ Heaven doesnt want me and Hell is afraid I will take over ~ :þ

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Hi Pinky,

it is a bit daunting at first especially if you haven’t done Math for what seems a very very long time and you didn’t particularly like it then.

but honestly it comes back really really quickly. The maths is so important to get your head around (take it slow and take breaks! Don’t try it for bedtime reading…!) because otherwise how will you know a good deal from a bad one?????

At first I had to ask my (medical and math super-brain) boyfriend ‘baby how do you calculate percent again???’ like a real dumb blonde. but now i can do the numbers on a property in my head almost instantly!!!

cheers-
    Mini
    (still blonde, though!!)

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Pinky

If you are having trouble getting to sleep at night try reading Steve’s book aloud and taping it.
    Then when you go to bed set the tape going and listen to it.
    You see the brain does funny things at night and you never know it might make things easier to understand.
    Well that’s my two pennies worth anyway.
    Sleep well…not too well that you don’t hear the story though.

Regards

Profile photo of calroncalron
    Participant
    @calron

I found getting my eyes tested showed that I was long sighted, which means that my eyes become tired very quickly when
    I am reading..

I got specs about 2 months ago… Since then I haven’t been able to put these books down… I could bare reading them b4.. Now the eys are fixed tho no problems…

Plus it could also be that I really do want to know now how to do this…. B4 I wasn’t ready.

When the student is ready the teacher will materialise..

cheers

Calron the Alcamist
    Turning things into gold is fun.
    [email protected][;)]

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

Pinky [:)]

As you read so many books, why not trying to skim through to book (just running your eyes over the parts that dont make sense now), read to the end, you will pick up information you never knew. Then when you re-read the book, you will know how it all ties together, but this time go over the pages you can understand.

But remember ! There are hundreds of us in this forum that would love to help you with each question you post.

So dont give up ! [;)]

Regards,
    Arty.

[:)]
    “Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Profile photo of lifestylelifestyle
    @lifestyle

Hi ya,NO your not alone. I’ve read around a dozen of these books and this one is about the norm. It’s a great book and I’m learning alot from it but now and then I have to just put it down and pick it up when I feel like it. Some of it is writen in accountant speak, but it’s not to bad.Reading between the lines makes me see that it’s not quite as simple as 0-135 in 3.5. But a form of success is there for the taking.I’m not being negative because the book and Steve & Dave have help me see another way of acheiving my goals so it’s all good.

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi Pinky,

Try Stephen Hawking’s “A brief History of Time”. Then come back to 0-130. It will be a much easier read then.

Hang in there kiddo, keep asking questions as everyone will benefit.

Regards, Phil

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘am I the only one?’ is closed to new replies.