All Topics / General Property / Finding +ve cashflow properties

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of MaverickInvestorMaverickInvestor
    @maverickinvestor

Hello,

I would like to ask your advice about the ways to search for +ve cashflow properties. What do you do: search on the Internet, call real estate agents, find information at the Australian Bureau of Statistics? I would like to start investing in +ve cashflow properties but don’t know how to find them and will appreciate any practical advice.

Thank you,
    Leonid.

Profile photo of RentMasterRentMaster
    @rentmaster

The internet is a good place to start me thinks.

Find out what rents are available in different areas for average houses. Then do the calculations based on what investment return you are looking for (.e.g the 11 second formula). That will give you a preferred purchase price. Then search for properties for sale in the same area and look at the average sell price. If it is close to your desired purchase price then it is worth looking closer and contacting a real estate agent in the area.

But remember – you are not looking for the average property. You are looking to beat the averages.

Andrew
    http://www.rentmaster.co.nz
    Software for Landlords

Profile photo of MaverickInvestorMaverickInvestor
    @maverickinvestor

Thanks for the response.
    I’m wondering what other sources, except of Internet, can be used to obtain the sufficient amount of details about the potential areas for investment.

Regards,
    Leonid.

Profile photo of battz71battz71
    Participant
    @battz71

Leonid,

The internet is a great source of information, where you can obtain population trends, capital growth, rental averages, vacancy rates, percentage owner occupied v rental, unemployment rate, employment split industry by industry, current projects, proposed projects etc etc.

But in my opinion you just can beat going to the towns and forming relationships with those whom can help you.

I bought a property this week that I would never have been able to get via the internet.

Cheers,

Battz

Profile photo of darrenbdarrenb
    @darrenb

The internet is OK as a reference point, but if you really want to find the good deals, you have to GOYA and go to the locations themselves. Nothing beats driveing your car or fly to a location. The best deals are not on the net. If you buy of the internet sight unseen, you are nothing but a pig about to be slaughtered!

Profile photo of jasonvjasonv
    @jasonv

I may be able to help.Drop me a line [email protected]

Profile photo of Fudge111Broz00Fudge111Broz00
    Participant
    @fudge111broz00

Hi Battz71,
    I was just wondering whether you could advise where on the internet you find such data like the population trends, capital growth, rental averages, vacancy rates, percentage owner occupied v rental, unemployment rate, employment split industry by industry, current projects, basically all the stats in your post, is there a articular web site for all these statistics?

Regards Fudge111[8D]

Profile photo of FrankYoungFrankYoung
    @frankyoung

hey battz71 (& everyone),

that’s also what i’d like to know. ie where to find all that info.

Regards and good evening everyone,

Frank Young

Profile photo of KewlDudeKewlDude
    @kewldude

Hi,

A few useful sites (mainly for WA research) as that’s where I’m from [:D]

www.propertyvalue.com.au
    www.reiwa.com.au
    www.aussiehomes.com.au
    www.abs.gov.au
    www.vgo.wa.gov.au

Cheers
    Kym

Profile photo of Keith1Keith1
    @keith1

quote:

Hi Battz71,
    I was just wondering whether you could advise where on the internet you find such data like the population trends, capital growth, rental averages, vacancy rates, percentage owner occupied v rental, unemployment rate, employment split industry by industry, current projects, basically all the stats in your post, is there a articular web site for all these statistics?

Regards Fudge111[8D]

Profile photo of Keith1Keith1
    @keith1

quote:

Hi Battz71,

Regards Fudge111[8D]

To Fudge

Do a search on Engine :- Economic Profiles of ( Town or Area Ect) AU This should bring up some of the info you need.

Keith

Profile photo of bribiebribie
    Participant
    @bribie

Don’t forget the local papers – go to your local library and see what [papers they have for other towns around the state or interstate.

bribie

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.