All Topics / The Treasure Chest / It’s all just a big game!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Profile photo of Jay74Jay74
    @jay74

Hi all,

I have just read Steve’s book, and while the ideas presented within seemed revolutionary at first i now know that many of us have been applying these techniques since childhood.

How you ask?

Monopoly!

Think about it. Although there are many different strategies in Monopoly, the most effective one is to buy everything you land on. Then when you don’t have the cash, you can Mortgage some of your properties to buy more. Or maybe you might choose to trade with other investers to get the properties you need (ironically) to wipe them out.

Then once your cashflow improves you can payout the bank and take hold of your Mortgaged properties once more.

Also for the active investers there is the option to improve and therefore increse the rent, ie: Houses and Hotels.

My biggest problem was that just when things were going well, i would inevitably end up in Jail, and everyone knows you can’t collect the rent when you are in Jail!

Tip: Buy the Whitechaple Roads today, so that we can live in the Mayfairs tomorrow.

Jay

P.S Anyone know where i can get a “Get out of jail free card”? (Just in case)!

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Except that to win monopoly you need to bankrupt all of the other players!

[:D][;)]

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Hunter
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

I want to be “Banker” !!
    and have the groovy “plastic sports car”..
    and 4 railway stations…

But your not +ve gearing.. you can only collect rent from someone landing on the property, then they go. so you would have a very low tenant occupancy rate, so in theory your -ve gearing and using the CGx made from selling the odd property (which isnt part of a set) to pay the mortgage on the properties you want to build houses on…

..and not all suburbs would allow you to build a set of semi-detached RED HOTELS in a row…

sheez!

I havent played Monopoly for years…. !.(where is that board !!) [:D][:D][:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

[:)]
    “Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Participant
    @arty

Simon.. we have a terrorist in our forum, if he wins.. we are all bankrupt!! [:0)] LMAO

Send him to jail ! [:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

Profile photo of loressloress
    @loress

Maybe we could build an add-on to monopoly….,

perhaps some reworking of the tenants agreement is in order to ensure a longer tenancy, even redevelop Old Kent Road & Whitechaple Road into the “new boutique area” levered off the close proximity to Mayfair and Park Avenue, CG will go through the roof; a new picket fence, stainless steel in the kitchen and a must have feature wall… how about getting a group of investors together and making a bid on the Go square; still receive $100 for passing go, but pay a nominal surcharge of 20%, privatise the jail (gotta be money in that) and figure out if Steve’s 11 second rule can be applied to the purchase of the community chests! As for winning $50 in a beauty contest – charge ‘em an $80 entry fee.

Arty: I want to be the horse! Own it ALL

Jen

Participant
    @arty

Jen… LMAO![:D][:D]

“Monopoly Edition #254 – for Positive Cash Flow”

Also at random a fire breaks out on the board and unless your insured you loose it all !..[:D]

But if your going to be the horse …can I be the jockey!.. (oops wrong forum) [:I]

Regards,
    Arty.

Profile photo of Jay74Jay74
    @jay74

Fantastic ideas Jen,

We just may be on to something here, keep the ideas coming, we’ll have it in stores before xmas and distribute funds evenly amongst contributors.

And Arty the car’s mine!

Jay

Participant
    @arty

Its ok Jay, the car is yours…. im hoping to hop on Jen, and go along for the ride..

knowing my luck, i’ll end up with the Thimble !
    [:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

Profile photo of BeckyGordonBeckyGordon
    Participant
    @beckygordon

And since when is carparking free. Time to start charging people if they want to park.

Of course, for realism, you’d have to have more TAX squares (sorry for talking dirty[:P])

Instead of Just Community chest and Chance, you’d also have a ‘Random Levy’ pile, where you’d get hit with extra duties and taxes.

A Council Bylaws pile, which might stop you from demolishing your four houses and putting up a hotel.

A couple of new Chance ‘You have Bad tenants’ cards. One drives your rental prices down 20%, and if you get the ‘Non Paying tenants card’ you have to pick a card from the ‘Dispute Resolution’ Pile. On that card, written on both sides would be ‘Turn over to see what you can do about it’.

Gordon

Invest in People for a Prosperous Future!

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

Check out Monopoly Tycoon – you lease city blocks, build rental and commercial properties and try and attract tenants and customers to your aparetments or shops rather than those owned by other people.

Sounds much like the life of an investor[;)]

Participant
    @arty

I’ll be looking for Property Tycoon!..
    Sounds good.

Ive got all the sims games, and theme park, theme hospital..etc… love em!

Regards,
    Arty.

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

I love Monopoly!! All that wheeling and dealing and making other people beg for a break coz they owe you thousands in rent! Ahhh I love being being a Monopoly Tycoon!! (and Im the horse..you all can fight over whos gonna be the sports car and the loser can get to be the thimble LOL)

Maybe we can get rich with a sideline business where we create games for those not brave enough to play with real money? LOL

~ Heaven doesnt want me and Hell is afraid I will take over ~ :þ

Participant
    @arty

I still want to be the jockey![:P]

..”Jumping from Jen to Pinky..”..[:)]

..HEY! whos the wheel barrow, we need someone to follow the horse and pick up droppings [xx(]

[^]

Regards,
    Arty.

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hey guys, Monopoly is tops I love it. But recently we found a new game “Cash Flow” by Robert Kiosaki. It is fantastic, and it teaches you to look at the deals, you can buy +ve & -ve geared IP’s. Single houses, home units, duplexes, 8plexs, small and large businesses can all be bought and sold. At the same time you can aslo trade on the stock market.

This game is great, a much more advanced game than Monopoly.

Im hooked.

Matt[;)]

Keymaster
    @piadmin

I’m still hanging out for that second prize in the beauty contest, but I’m not very hopeful![:D]

Keymaster
    @piadmin

to those wanting fun games on their PC may I suggest: http://www.kazaalite.com

Most games/books/files/songs and all that can be found on kazaa :) (You only need kazaa LITE as Kazaa full package comes with spyware….kazaa lite doesnt)

Im downloading that monopoly tycoon now so I hope its fun :)

Profile photo of Jay74Jay74
    @jay74

Hi Pinky,

How did you go with the game you were downloading?

I’ve downloaded a few games from Kazaa in the past only to find that they were not what they were supposed to be. Alot of users diliberately mistitle poor games with the names of more popular titles so that you download the games from them. Very frustrating!

By the way, how are you getting along with the book now? Is it starting to make sense?

Jay

Profile photo of slatzagainslatzagain
    @slatzagain

Just as a sidenote; Kazaa software is often loaded with little nasties that the end user is not aware of – such as various forms of spyware. Make sure you run anti spy software regularly if using Kazaa.

Profile photo of calroncalron
    Participant
    @calron

Jay…

Just by the by.. You can collect rent when your in jail… Inreal life too… Just ask Rivkin….

Cheers

Calron the Alcamist
    Turning things into gold is fun.
    [email protected][;)]

Participant
    @arty

slatzagain,[:)]

Kazaa is full of spyware, but kazaa LITE isnt.[:O][:O]

I had Kazaa, and then removed the spyware. I read an article about kazaa spyware, Ive been using kazaaa lite since. [;)]

Regards,
    Arty.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘It’s all just a big game!’ is closed to new replies.