All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Cashflow positive with no money down in Australia

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of AllanFCAllanFC
    Participant
    @allanfc

Hi,

I’m a property investor originally from the US but now based in Sydney. I have just recently bought few properties in Queensland with no money down and at the same time they have $30 positive cashflow every week. My question is in regards to structuring loan to finance my next few cashflow positive properties.

Being originally from the US, I have managed to use creative financing to buy cashflow positive properties from day one. I have been taught that a good way to build up my property porfolio faster is to concentrate on buying properties with the help of owner financing example, 80% of the purchase price from bank or hardmoney lenders and 20% vendor financing. By using this type of creative financing allows me to buy my next properties without waiting for the other properties that I already have to appreciate before I could use the equity as collateral to fund my next investments.

Is vendor financing common in Australia? Can I use this type of creative financing here to fund my investments? I have tried asking sellers here in Australia whether they would carry some of the mortgage for me but unfortunately, most or all the people I got in contact with are not familiar with the concept of vendor financing.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
    Allan

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

It is not common here in residential investments. Having said that it is not unusual with farming properties and you may find rural people a little more receptive with the concepts along with their solicitors.

I guess it is up to your negotiating skills.

There are 100% lending products but they are a little more expensive and have some fairly rigid rules.

Best of luck and I would love to hear how you go.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Hunter
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of AllanFCAllanFC
    Participant
    @allanfc

Thanks for the advice Simon. I’ll definitely give it a try.

Actually, one of the deals that I have structured in the US using creative financing involved not just the seller but I got the realtor involved too, i asked her to leave some of her 6% commission on the deal and I’ll pay her 7%interest on her commision and luckily she agreed. I had to use multiple loans ie 4 loans to be exact to close on the deal and at the end it is still positive cashflow, it is only a few dollars positive income every week but hey cash is cash and it only took me 3 days to structure those loans.

Got any advice on what kind of creative financing strategies I could use here in Australia?

Thanks.

Kind regards,
    Allan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Cashflow positive with no money down in Australia’ is closed to new replies.