Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi all,
    I am a NZ’er living in Aussie, but want to take advantage of the NZ market. Can anyone tell me anything about that market, or atleast where to go?
    Thanks

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Freedom

Welcome to the forum.

Use your search button at the top and type in NZ Suburbs. This is one topic that has had about 112 replies and about 3400 viewings.

Read through the replies. There are also web sites listed as well.

Good Hunting

Go the Warriors

Regards

Profile photo of zanis1zanis1
    @zanis1

Hi Freedom,

My wife and I are also kiwi’s living in Aus/Melbourne. We brought one IP in Melbourne and that was enough! Apart from the stamp duty, the additional fees and taxes and the low return we do not expect to make any pos cash out of it for at least 5 years from now.

We now buy in NZ (currently two – we started last year). There are loads of places you can look at and like muppet said read the awesome post on NZ Suburbs!

We have a great power team in NZ (mortgage broker, accountant, trust lawyer, property manager, handyman) that we trust without even seeing them. I still believe without doubt that kiwi’s are more trusting than Aussie’s. In NZ we trust a person until they break that trust – in Aus people don’t trust you and you need to earn their trust. My observation only readers.

I have just found this forum and I must say it rocks ! muppet and minimogul are very very helpful.

Best Regards

[email protected]

Profile photo of tbarretttbarrett
    @tbarrett

I am looking at an NZ purchase and trying to figure out the best structure to buy it under as an aussie investor.

Ive had advice from my accountant to set up an NZ company and purchse through this, but not to bother about a trust.

I think his logic is that with the company structure I dont have to distribute earnings so I can keep it all in NZ and reinvest.

Has anyone had any alternate thoughts or advise?

Thanks,
    Tim Barrett

Profile photo of NeillNeill
    @neill

I have been doing some research on NZ properties over the last couple of months and was wondering whether people might be interested in getting together in Melbourne in the near future to swap ideas and information? For my part, I may be able to pass on some useful information about:

CGT planning for Australian residents

useful property search engines and sources of information about NZ economics and demographics (most of which has been obtained from contributors to this site!)

tips I have received from mortgage brokers and buyers agents, etc.

The NZ market is quite large and we are not necessarily competing with each other, so why not pool our information? My plans are to visit NZ in October to pick up some IPs. Perhaps there is some scope for cooperation between like-minded investors…[?]

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards, Neill

Profile photo of stevefazakstevefazak
          @stevefazak
          Profile photo of CelliniCellini
          Participant
          @cellini

quote:

I am looking at an NZ purchase and trying to figure out the best structure to buy it under as an aussie investor.

Ive had advice from my accountant to set up an NZ company and purchse through this, but not to bother about a trust.

I think his logic is that with the company structure I dont have to distribute earnings so I can keep it all in NZ and reinvest.

Has anyone had any alternate thoughts or advise?

Thanks,
          Tim Barrett

Or you could set up a LTD company and put that in a Trust. That way you get the asset protection a Trust offers, especially worth considering if you plan on building up a portfolio of investment properties in NZ. You may also want the facility of distributing income before tax at a later stage especially if the company starts to earn a lot of $$ and you want to benefit from paying less tax.

Cheers,

Cellini [:)]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘NZ market’ is closed to new replies.