All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Financing queries

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Jay74Jay74
    @jay74

Morning all,

I (like many others it appears) have just finished the book and am ready to get started.

Before i start though i’d like to get some advice on the best way to structure my finance.

I have access to about $65-70,000 in equity in my PPOR but very little cash. So refinancing is my only option.

The question i have is since this would be enough for 3 or 4 deposits, should i borrow the whole amount now and start looking? Or should i only borrow as much as i need for each deposit as i find each property?, (i’m assuming this method would cost me more in fees) or finally would it be best to buy one propery outright and then use the equity in that one to finance others as i find them?

Any help on this subject would be much appreciated. Especially if someone could outline the pros and cons of each method.

Thanks Jay.

Profile photo of RolfLathamRolfLatham
    @rolflatham

Hiya

Borrow the money on one hit using a LOC or a 100 % interest only offset acct. Depending on lender may go as high as 95 % Interest only.

Ta

rolf

Profile photo of Jay74Jay74
    @jay74

Thanks for your input Rolf,

C’mon all you clever numbers crunchers, i know it’s not exactly a meaty question, but as i’m very new to investing and finance matters in general i could use any ideas that you guys might have.

Jay

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

you may not need to refinance, just ask for an increase from the same bank. And when you say you have that much equity, are you leaving a 10 to 20% buffer in there as well?

I would get as much as you can now, using a LOC or separate split loan to keep it all separate for tax purposes.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Jay74Jay74
    @jay74

No that was not leaving anything, i calculated this figure by simply subtracting the 100K that i owe from the valuation i had recently of 170,000

Thanks Terry, much appreciated!

Jay

Profile photo of MobileMortgage3MobileMortgage3
    @mobilemortgage3

Hi Jay,
    I agree use LOC to fund deposits on multiple IPS,
    Keep in mind deposits of 20% or more will not attract Mortgage Insurance.
    Regards MM.

Mobile Mortgage
    [email protected]
    Phone 0402483216

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Financing queries’ is closed to new replies.