All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Tax consequences of investing in NZ

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of NoosaLoverNoosaLover
    @noosalover

Does anyone have any hard info on the tax consequences of an Aussie entity buying property in NZ?

My research shows nothing encouraging.

Profile photo of zanis1zanis1
    @zanis1

Hi !

It all depends on how you structure your finances within NZ. Try looking at a couple of trust articles I have on my web site – they were written by a guy who looks after my trust in NZ – I live in Mel.

http://www.propertytalk.co.nz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=list_pages_categories&cid=3

Here is another link to some other articles regarding NZ accounting and tax. If the articles do not help you the authors might.

http://www.propertytalk.co.nz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=list_pages_categories&cid=7

Please note all – I do not get any benefit (money, fee reductions etc..) from the authors of the articles. Everything on my site is free and contributed for free.

Best regards

[email protected]

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Well said Marc.

Some good stuff on your web site.
    Keep up the good work.

Regards

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

This is all very interesting. I always thought I was too small-fry to bother with a structure yet, and that I was immune from CGT by being a Kiwi. WRONG!! Not that I am planning on paying CGT anyway because of never planning to sell, but anyway..~!! I might have to look into this structure business!!

Profile photo of Tasman PropertyTasman Property
    Participant
    @tasman-property

Marc, I was just going to recommend the article I read on ‘introduction to taxes in NZ’ that I saw on your website. But you beat me to it.

Great stuff, I am getting in contact with NSA in Auckland to discuss further.

Tas [:D]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tax consequences of investing in NZ’ is closed to new replies.