All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Victoria Any idea where to investigate?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of sabwalsabwal
    @sabwal

Hi, I have recently bought Steve’s book and am desperate to find property for cashflow. Remember the more we help eachother the more our property values increase.[:P]
    Sabina

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Yes, but it doesn’t get dished up on a plate… most help those who help themselves… good luck in your search and don’t give up.

Cheers
    r

Profile photo of sabwalsabwal
    @sabwal

[:X] I have been working every moment I can. I ahve searched domain .com property .com realestate .com do you know any other websites for property.
    Sabina

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Two tips, the first is particularly for realestate.com.au… narrow down the search parameters… and don’t just rely on the internet, hit the phones.

r

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

sabwal,

Not all properties are on the Internet, It can take some time for the agent to post the property on the Internet. Its worth picking some agents and visiting them for houses just listed, you may find some bargains that wont make the Internet because they are sold before they make it that far.

Just a thought..[:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

[:)]
    “Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Profile photo of loressloress
    @loress

Hi Sabina

My advice is to use the net to get an idea of what you’d like buy – look at what you get for your dollar (compare areas) and then hit the pavement.

Here’s an example: we decided on an area to target during the week, spent copious amounts of time online comparing dollar for property, available rentals etc etc… on the weekend we drove to “the area” and although the majority of houses were available online, a lot were not – an up and coming auction for a 50k house with good potential all round.

It’s not sit on your hands type of work, you really need to get out there and work hard, call agents, visit areas, buy books, learn, fall down (get back up again) fall down some more (up again!) and then finally all the hard work pays off.

Good luck.

Jen

Participant
    @arty

Jen, do you want band-aids for all the bruises ?

.. now get up off the floor [:D][:0)]

Regards,
    Arty.

Profile photo of loressloress
    @loress

Arty, I think I need more than a band-aid… unless it comes by the metre!…

Jen

“as long as I’m still learning”

Participant
    @arty

Jen.. you need helmet, elbow pads, knee pads, and pillow on ya rear !.. just to be sure… [:D][:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

personally…..I find the face to face meetings work much better. Decide where you want to invest and go there…meet a few locals and then have a few drinks with the local real estate ppl. Dont let on that you may be investing..act like you are looking for a family home. (well you are if you rent to a family LOL)
    Face to face meeting also allows you to ask questions and guage their answers. Its soooo easy to lie over the telephone or in an email.

As Steve points out in his book….it is better to look like a local then an investor…and you will find people open up more to you if you approach them on their level.

The internet is great…but alot of people have bought property ‘sight unseen’ just to have disappointment. Rely on knowledge and a little gut instinct :)

Profile photo of sabwalsabwal
    @sabwal

[:)] Thankyou everyone you are all right! I guess i should be alittle more specific with my question. I would just like to know which suburbs or towns to check out.
    I am selling cookware & tupperware my husband works from home with a new business I am on
    mternity leave with a 9 month old growing teeth. and like everyone time is precious. I am not afraid of work I am just looking for some direction or guidance

Profile photo of NmlewisNmlewis
    @nmlewis

Just be careful, people get all fired up about buying cheap property ie ACA and sealake..
    which no offence to anyone who lives there, is a dying town thus why the property is cheap!!
    no good having cheap property if you cant get tenants.

Participant
    @arty

And add “check for termite damage” on your due diligence check list.

There has been a disasters on Today Tonight, the whole place was eaten out !.[;)]

Regards,
    Arty.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Victoria Any idea where to investigate?’ is closed to new replies.