All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Is it still booming?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of fulloutfullout
    @fullout

Is the market still going up? I heard its going to do so till around 2006?

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Hi.

I think it’s still going up in some areas (ie Qld) flattening in others (Melb seems to have steadied) and dropping in others (inner city apartments)

As for it continuing to surge until 2006, I’m not sure… there’s apparently a pretty good chance of an interest rate rise before Xmas, hence the Prime Minister’s increased likelihood of calling an early election before they go up…

Cheers
    r

Profile photo of sabwalsabwal
    @sabwal

[:(]I am exhausted. I have checked out domain .com property.com realestate.com and I cant seem to find any realestate for cashflow.
    any Ideas? help!
    Sabwal

Profile photo of soleilsoleil
    @soleil

For what it’s worth, the prices where I live (regional Vic) are still rising. No positive flow properties, but as far as the boom is concerned, it’s definately still strong here.

Profile photo of FinnieFinnie
    @finnie

quote:

For what it’s worth, the prices where I live (regional Vic) are still rising. No positive flow properties, but as far as the boom is concerned, it’s definately still strong here.

I totally agree with your comment. As a new investor, I have been looking at regional Vic. properties. Some areas are booming. Eg: parts of Gippsland. Since doing investigative work from July, prices still appear to be moving. Only fear I have is a surplus of homes at some point in the future and to many choices for tenants!
    [:)]

Profile photo of soleilsoleil
    @soleil

I’m worried about the same thing… every second person is looking for investment houses now, rather than their own place.

When I visit my dad’s real estate agency, every five minutes someone rings up asking “what sort of rent would that property bring?” or “do you have any good investment properties for sale?”

I’m concerned that this will mean a huge surplus of investors with vacant properties…

Profile photo of FinnieFinnie
    @finnie

quote:

I’m worried about the same thing… every second person is looking for investment houses now, rather than their own place.

When I visit my dad’s real estate agency, every five minutes someone rings up asking “what sort of rent would that property bring?” or “do you have any good investment properties for sale?”

I’m concerned that this will mean a huge surplus of investors with vacant properties…

I was talking to our contact, realestate agent in Gippsland. Interesting enough she said that rural properties in the $200K+ price range, she would not touch for investing for tenant occupacy. Reason being: rent affordability and surplus of houses. Hence I am now focussing my energies in other areas where there is lesser homes, yet growth population and potential in the area.[8D]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Is it still booming?’ is closed to new replies.