All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Front cover of book? Is it Perth or Melbourne?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

[:P]
    Hi people! I have just been looking at the 3.5 book cover (The original one…) and I am trying to decide which city skyline it is. I personally think it beautiful Perth as it has ol’ Bondi’s tower (Or now know as the bankwest tower…) with its slanted head and Central PArk tower next to it with its symmetrical point. AMP tower is the shorter one in between, but then again, I haven’t seen a picture of the Melbourne skyline. MAybe it is very similar to PErth’s…

What do all of you lot think? Perth or Melbourne?

Cheers
    Steph.
    P.S Perth is the better of the two naturally…
    [}:)][:D][8D]

Success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.

Profile photo of DavidCDavidC
    Participant
    @davidc

Its Sydney’s skyline

Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel

quote:

Cheers
    Steph.

Couldn’t agree more Steph!!! Just flogged my ppor here in melb. and I’m going home.[:)][:)][:)]

Whereabouts in Perth are you from? I’m a hills boy myself….Kalamunda[8D]

Bet you can’t wait to get home!

Wayne

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Wayne,

I went to Kalamunda SHS although I lived in Lesmurdie!

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Hunter
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

I wonder why Steve used a Sydney Skyline, when he started his empire from Melbourne … ?

[8D]

Regards,
    Arty.

[:)]
    “Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel

Simon,

Unfortunatly I when to school down the bottom of the hill at Morley SHS…..a harrowing experience!![B)][xx(]

But when I get back, I will be be heading straight for the hills again.[:)]

Cheers
    Wayne

Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

Oh! Morley! HArrowing! NOOOOOO! hee hee. I am from morely myself! My parents are still there after 30 years! Right across the road from the galleria. THe cool thing is, they also own the house next door and they were offered a paltry amount for their houses coz it could get commercial zoning (Doctors…) but they told them to stick it where the sun don’t shine. Dad would only take offer in excess of $500K! Hee hee, don’t think we shall get that now…

Oh for DavidC and Arty, IT ISN’T SYDNEY COZ IT DOESN’T HAVE THAT THIN POINTY THINGY!!!

I AM DEAD CERTAIN IT IS PERTH!!!!
    Anyone else agree?

Profile photo of VaslavVaslav
    @vaslav

[;)]it certainly ain’t melbourne and it doesn’t looks like sydney too.. not sure about PErth but i think it might be Perth, considering i somewhat had a glimpse of the skyline at the back of my head now, from my last visit there 10 yrs back.. well.. not Melbourne that’s for sure, as i see the melbourne skyline everyday and it doesn’t looks like that [;)]

kev

@scremin

Sorted! So it isn’t Melbourne, definitely not Sydney and I know it aint Brisbane, so that only leaves Perth coz Adelaide is as flat as a baby’s busom…

Woohoo it is Perth! I am so proud. I feel like I have won an award… Sob Sob…

Me going a little nuts at mo. Not working killing time… bored out of my mind… hence stupid string topic!
    Steph.

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Nah guys it’s Auckland.

Steve’s idea to get all youse orstralian’s to invest in good ol En Zed sose to leave all the +ive cash flow places for himself.

Regards

@scremin

Ha ha! Good one muppet. We just checked out the photos of Perth’s skyline we have here (From when we were just at home in April) and it is definitely PErth. All the buildings match up!

Thinking of popping over to NZ next year when our mates end up going home. Would probably use that as a good chance to check out the south island for properties… Cool.

Which Island u on?

@muppet

Hi Scremin

Oh well shot down again.

I am a teacher in a very small central North Island school.
    It is persisting down at the moment although quite warm. Believe it or not no wind to blow the rain away.

Two children already at school playing some game on a one of our computers. Actually it is an interactive game called Heroes of Might and Magic11.

Sorry Scremin they don’t want to say anything to you.

Regards

@scremin

Me a teacher too!! U high or primary? Me primary. Thinking of doing my middle school degree so as to branch out into the private high schools that have primary and high school on the one campus.

I don’t like teaching here in UK though. It’s not the kids. kids don’t really change from country to country, it is just the eduation system. It is F&&ked!!!

Profile photo of peterppeterp
    @peterp

Definitely Perth : )

Photo taken from south – South Perth area.

Steph- you’re spot on re identifying the skyscrapers. Melbourne has heaps more -ve geared apartment skyscrapers, which sort of doesn’t match the contents of the book!

Peter (visiting Perth soon returning to Melb)

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

the cover of the book is…….*shrugs shoulders* looks a little like Sydney

BUT!!

come on ppl……perth better than melb? Surely you jest!! I will admit WA has some lovely spots…Esperance comes to mind…lovely place :) and I will honestly say the coppers in perth are lookers!! Wearing them tight pants and carrying handcuffs Mmmmmm…..but I digress!!

Melbourne has soul. Melbourne has heart.

and the best thing about Melbourne?? it has ME!!
    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Profile photo of CreminCremin
    Participant
    @cremin

Nice one PInky…

But does it take you less than 40 minutes to get across town at almost anytime. Peak hour can be a bit difficult sometimes, but it shouldn’t take any more than 40-50 minutes to get to the far reaches of PErth!!

We have great road systems that are easy to figure out (Unilike the brisbane roads…Bloody banana benders…I can say that coz my mum is one!!) and There is almost always just one road you need to follow to get to the beach!

Woohoo! Personally, I am dying to get to see Melbourne and check it out as a friend lived there for awhile, but I could only ever live in WA coz it is so laid back. It isn’t stressful.

THey my opinions anyway….[:D]

Work smarter, not harder!.

Profile photo of traceyimbtraceyimb
    Participant
    @traceyimb

[:X]I was thinking it was Perth too, but I thought I must be wrong because Steve would use Melbourne skyline. Obviously not!
    Cheers
    Tracey[:0)]

[email protected]

@muppet

Hi Guys

Now this cover of Steve’s book, I’ve told you guys once already…it is Auckland. It definitely isn’t Taumarunui. There are no high rise buildings there …yet.

Now why would Steve want to put a picture of an Australian city on the cover when he owns half of New Zealand and that’s where all the positive cashflow properties are and other Aussie investors own probably a quarter of the other properties…. there are NO positive cashflow properties left in Australia.
    Might be next week when interest rates start going up though.

Heck I am finding it hard to find a reasonable positive cashflow property here, now that the secret is out of the bag.

The Warriors by 50pts tonite.

Regards

@scremin

Now now Muppet. Aus is still a good investment area. Well WA is anyway… a little bit hard on opportunities but still available.

I am glad most people agree it is Perth. I always cry when I come in by plane and see it in the distance. I can’t wait to get home on wednesday!!!!

WOOHOO!!!!

Profile photo of LonginthetoothLonginthetooth
    @longinthetooth

I think it is Perth taken from an unusual angle, probably from South Perth or Heirisson Island. You can see the Narrows Bridge, deadcentre is the Quandrant, Central, AMP and BankWest’s stanley knife building.

Paradise!

Hi people! I have just been looking at the 3.5 book cover (The original one…) and I am trying to decide which city skyline it is. I personally think it beautiful Perth as it has ol’ Bondi’s tower (Or now know as the bankwest tower…) with its slanted head and Central PArk tower next to it with its symmetrical point. AMP tower is the shorter one in between, but then again, I haven’t seen a picture of the Melbourne skyline. MAybe it is very similar to PErth’s…

Cheers
    Steph.

[/quote]

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Front cover of book? Is it Perth or Melbourne?’ is closed to new replies.