All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Company versus personal structure

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of MarybethMarybeth
    @marybeth

Can anyone direct me to information that would assist me to understand the positive and negative consequences of purchasing positive cash flow properties under a Pty Ltd company? Main purpose of purchase is to derive rental income.[:)]

Profile photo of RodCRodC
    @rodc

Hi Marybeth,

This has been discussed here a few times, If you do a search on the forum you should be able to find some answers.

Generally though it would be better to purchase +ve properties in a trust structure. If you purchase in a company you’ll be up for the company tax rate on all income.

Rod.

Profile photo of MarybethMarybeth
    @marybeth

Thanks for the response.

No doubt I need professional advice to ensure the structure is correct. I was looking at taking advantage of an existing company structure.

Is anyone aware of an accountant in Brisbane experienced with the intricacies of investment property?

Profile photo of motherhenmotherhen
    Participant
    @motherhen

hi

i am doing this in my subject at uni which is law of investments and financial markets. we are advised, that when operating any business, and i believe holding IPs is included, you should set up a company with a discretionary trust within the company as trustee. this is the best way to minise tax.

regards.

http://www.emex.com.au

Profile photo of MarybethMarybeth
    @marybeth

Thank you.
    I will look into it.

Profile photo of RitaSt.RitaSt.
    @ritast.

afghangirl,
    Can you go in to a little detail about why this is best as opposed to a Family trust or a individual trust. or what should we read?

Ta
    Rita [:)]

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Hi Folks

As Rod said, you should do a search of the forum as this topic is covered alot. There are also a few new topics at present that had this answered.

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Read, learn, grow but most of all do it.

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Rita,

Hybrid Discretionary Trust is set up where company is the trustee this will provide asset protection if anything go wrong such as someone wanna to sue you. By setting up this way all the assets are under the trust not individuals.

Kind regards

Chandara
    [Keep going, you’re nearly reach the end of financial freedom]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Company versus personal structure’ is closed to new replies.