All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Bothwell, (Tas) Boinka, Ouyen, Marnoo (Vic)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of gocatsgocats
    @gocats

Has anyone invetsed in these towns. If so has it been a positive experience if not what would stop you if you could get a pos cash flow property.

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Cross marnoo off the list. its to small, nothing going for it and a last year there was a mad firelighter setting homes on fire. he was never caught police know who did it but don’t have the evidence to convict, i think he is still in the area. although you could buy get insurance upset this person in the hope he burns down your house so you get a brand new one build which you could charge higher rent ??? i think ouyen was in the news because they were going to withdraw some nursing services to Warracknabeal or even further away, it may have been Hopetoun ? perhaps you could check this out ( a big negative if true because these small towns do not want to lose any jobs)
    regards westan
    westan

Profile photo of gocatsgocats
    @gocats

Dear Westan

Thanks for the replies.

Can I add Beaufort and Mortlake to the list.

Kind regards

Adrian.

@westan

yes certainly, but i’ll email you off the forum
    regards westan

Profile photo of fulloutfullout
    @fullout

wow westan, u seem to know all of victoria really well! teach me something! Atually, can i email u regarding a few places in Vic as well? Like to see what your opinion on these places.
    My email is [email protected]

@westan

Hi fullout
    i don’t know about every town. i spend all day talking to people so its amazing what i hear, plus i keep an eye/ear on the news.
    will contact you offline and see if i can offer anything helpful
    regards westan

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

Bothwell is a farming type town and has a population of about 7 people, it'[:)]s way off the beaten track and cold as all buggery. Not high on my list of potentials.

Profile photo of dallaridallari
    @dallari

Westan,

can you contact me also on:
    [email protected]

Profile photo of scampushscampush
    @scampush

Ouyen is in the middle of nowhere, 100km south of Mildura – which used to be good for +tve investments ( I used to live there). There may still be some good propertys in the surrounding suburbs of Mildura but I wouldn’t stray as far as Ouyen. Try Red Cliffs, Irymple, Merbein and Robinvale.

cheers
    mel

Profile photo of VaslavVaslav
    @vaslav

Westan,

what’s in your opinion are high on your list for potential positive IP generating towns in victoria? would love to know of your views on this.

Kev
    [email protected]

@westan

hi kev

sorry to disappoint you but i can’t really offer any directions on Victoria. i’ve stopped looking its become too hard. the last property i bought was in Horsham for 75k rent $155 (this was in april) you can still buy these types of homes but will need to fork out about 90k for the same rent. so i wouldn’t be happy with that deal. who know maybe rents will rise as well as prices? but the west of the state is showing better returns. housing stock for sale is very low and supply outstrips demand.
    look for areas that are benifiting from a new announcement regarding job creation (ie new industry) ? this could lead to higher capital growth as people move into an area. Hamilton for instance will benifit from the huge mineral sands project by Illuka resources.
    regards westan

Profile photo of VaslavVaslav
    @vaslav

Dear Westan, thanks for the reply. Yeah i do agree the western suburb seems quite on the boom at the moment. in regards to your information of new industry creating announcement, is there any specific sites or media that i could look up in regards to those type of information? or do u just have to rely on The Age business or Herald sun business sections?

i suppose another way is to wait and see what happen to the interest rate, if it rises, then like what Steve said, it might reduces the demand and prices drops or goes sideways.

thanks Kev

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bothwell, (Tas) Boinka, Ouyen, Marnoo (Vic)’ is closed to new replies.