All Topics / The Treasure Chest / anyone had dealings with aussie john

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of aj_2aj_2
    Participant
    @aj_2

keep seeing adds for aussie I’m woundering if they are any good
    aaron

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

aaron… I laugh when I see the adds.

We had problems with Aussie. We bought a 20 acre block of land in Kyneton. They were late with the settlement. Then when we went to sell the land, we paid them out, but they still deducted payments for the loan, and then didnt release the title on the land which was ours, so the settlement was delayed again.

We posted all this on a web page, and fought for a $3000 compensation for our problems that AHL caused. We got the $3000 and removed the web page.

I dont like them at all, but thats just one person.

[:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

[:)]
    “Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Profile photo of MelanieMelanie
    @melanie

Hi Aaron,

Aussie started a bit of a revolution 7+ years back with cheaper loan rates and fortunately/ unfortunately the big banks and other lenders worked out they could match him (and his backers) hence we all enjoy very good rates now leaving Aussie without an edge in the market.

They appear to be trying to compensate for this by establishing an ‘independent mortgage brokering’ arm, but I don’t know how well it’s being received as they quite rightly struggle to be perceived as fully independent of their own products which of course they still promote.

Re Arty’s comments – every bank has its good operators and bad operators who can stuff up parts of the process, eg Settlement, and naturally Aussie are one of them, not good for you though obviously, glad it’s finally okay.

A lot of the people I work with are ex-Aussie and they say it’s got it’s good and bad features like everyone else, but I do note not many of them defer business to Aussie anymore … that’s my two cents.

[:)]
    Mel
    [email protected]

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Aussie have a notorious reputation for being slack. They are not competitve when it comes to service or knowledge.

In my humble opinion [:I]

Profile photo of aj_2aj_2
    Participant
    @aj_2

quote:

Aussie have a notorious reputation for being slack. They are not competitve when it comes to service or knowledge.

In my humble opinion [:I]

Thanks guys thats what I thought no wounder he can afford his new boat
    Aaron

Profile photo of Pebbles_2Pebbles_2
    @pebbles_2

When I sold my house 5 months ago, Aussie did the loan for the purchasers.
    I was told they were slack and slow, but to my suprise, they were quicker than St. George, whom I went through to purchase another house.
    St. George took us 6 weeks over settlement and therefore, we had to pay penalty interest rates, which ended up working out to an extra $3,500.
    St. George’s excuse was, ‘we have so many loans on the go at the moment, we can’t keep up.’. My question: Why can’t they put on extra staff?’

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘anyone had dealings with aussie john’ is closed to new replies.