All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Property in Darwin??

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of DazDaz
    @daz

Does anyone have any experience with IP’s in Darwin. It’s possible we may be moving there sometime in the future. What has your experience been like?

Darren, Perth

Profile photo of ARWARW
    Participant
    @arw

Been a few postings regarding Darwin over the last few months – my experience is not good – not really any capital growth to speak of in last 5-6 years for the two properties I’ve been involved in (one inner city apartment and one house in good loc 10kms from city) – negetive cashflow properties. Darwin also has a very high vacancy rate.

Lots of talk of Darwin going off due to gas/railway, but been saying that for years – my experience only as I know there are people keen to invest there and is still opportunity for +ve cashflow properties.

Good luck!!!

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Daz,

I am very interested in investing in Darwin as well. Base on my researches for the last 1 month it has been negative. High vacancy rate, less or not capital growth, limited information regarding median price as well as statistics.

Kind regards

Chandara
    [Keep going, you’re nearly reach the end of financial freedom]

Profile photo of aj_2aj_2
    Participant
    @aj_2

don’t forget the new choo choo heading north means possably land along the track
    aaron

Profile photo of spider_2spider_2
    @spider_2

[:)]housesitter
    new choo choo nearly finished – few weeks away.
    what do you mean by “possibly land along the track”?
    [8D]

Profile photo of DazDaz
    @daz

Thanks for the feedback people, a lot of what you’ve pointed out makes sense. I did live there for 21 years and what you guys have said suggests things haven’t changed. The ‘rail buz’ has been around for years yet low growth figures have also been pretty consistent over the years.

From what I’ve observed Darwin is a good place for traditional business opportunities. There are many avenues for pioneering but yes it does experience high vacancy due to the intinerant, younger working class.

If anyone has contacts there who are in property perhaps you could pass on their details.

Cheers

Darren, Perth

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Property in Darwin??’ is closed to new replies.