All Topics / The Treasure Chest / new to investing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of discusdiscus
    @discus

hello every one
    a couple of questions for those more experienced than i
    1)where is the best place to look for properties i.e. initial research areas or web addresses etc

2)finance i am self employed andd have been for eight months but have also had my A>B>N> for three years but most loc doc loans seem to have extremely high interest rates

hope you can give me some advice

cheers mark

Profile photo of MelanieMelanie
    @melanie

Howdy !

Re a) keep looking

Re b) there are several low doc products for people with and without ABN no’s for around 6.8% reducing to the current basic variable of around 6% over 3 years, with or without bells and whistles.

I think it pays to see a broker to get an overview of your options – there are several on the forum including me in Brisbane so you’ll have no probs getting good advice.

[:)]
    Mel
    [email protected]

Profile photo of George2George2
    @george2

Hi Discus

yep got to agree go and see a broker. it doesnt cost anything and they are there to get the best deal for you they get paid for finding a loan for you so they are not like a bank with little catch clauses to elimante you. make an appointment and sit and talk with them and its agood idea to take a note pad a pen because your head will be swimming when you get out of there to get yourself started try sites like this http://www.mortgagehouse.com.au/index.asp and if you get a person that you dont like go to another
    place it doesnt cost you and when you meet a loan advisor that you get on with talk a lot find a common interest if you get on well with them remember that in the future you will be able to phone up and get things moving fast because of the raport that you have. its a people business get to know people. I hope that this helps

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Suncorp Metway and St George have lower priced LODOCs.

But most good ones reduce to normal variable rates after two years.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Hunter
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘new to investing’ is closed to new replies.