All Topics / The Treasure Chest / A newbee saying hello, also a few q’s

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of kc_ksomkc_ksom
    @kc_ksom

G’day to all..

I watched Today Tonight the other night, as most new commers would have done, and this has brought me to this site, i have to say this is a great little forum and i can say there is going to be a wealth of information available!!!!

A couple of questions i have:
    What is the best way to start a +ve geared investment in my situation… I have 2 kids, I own my house, but owe money on a pool and some personal items etc, i have a share port folio that has given me a negitive return for the past 2yrs+, im not even going to say what i invested[:(!] to say im angry is an understatment….. 9-11-01 has done a lot of damage of course not only to me!!!!
    I have an average (country) wage aprox 35g..
    Partner is currently not working, but looking.

I know there is a lot of things that could be done, but which way is it best started.

I have a few more q’s but i think they can wait for the time being.
    I would like to look forward to a wealthy future as most would.. thanks

Casey H

Profile photo of RodCRodC
    @rodc

Hi Casey,

Probably best to put together a plan to pay out the current debts as quickly as possible. The interest you’re paying on these isn’t tax deductible and the repayments will be affecting your serviceability for other loans.

While you’re paying these debts off take the opportunity to do as much research as possible (this site is a good starting point). Owning your home outright will probably give you a good equity base to start off with.

regards

Rod.

Profile photo of Most excellentMost excellent
    @most-excellent

Greetings & Welcome Casey H [:)]

I was once apon a time in an almost exact situation, my next move was to do research. For an excellent start read Anita Bell’s ” Your money ” & then ” Your mortgage “. When you FULLY understand all it has to offer then grab Steve’s book & read that ! ( I read it three times [:0)] )

Ow & also ask as many questions ( best on the forum in my opinion ) as you wish, & remember the only silly question there is , is the one NOT asked ! [8D]

Good Luck [:D]

Michael
    just be

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘A newbee saying hello, also a few q’s’ is closed to new replies.