All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Finding the locality to invest in

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of cattiecattie
    Participant
    @cattie

We’re starting out fresh into this. We want some help from the forum on how to go about researching the localities in which to invest for growth.

We have tried Municipal web sites for economic info to no real result.

Profile photo of BlackCatBlackCat
    Participant
    @blackcat

I am also very new to this game but I have found that the local newspaper of any town is chock full of interesting reading. It gives you a fair idea of the economy of the area, if new businesses are moving in etc.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of diclemdiclem
    @diclem

Thank you for the tip, Blackcat.
    How do you get your hands on the local papers though?
    Do you have to literally go to the town, or can you get them somewhere else?

Thanks[:)]

Profile photo of Pebbles_2Pebbles_2
    @pebbles_2

The best way I have found is to look properties up on the internet and then call the Agents.
    Tell the agent you are an investor and tell them exactly what you are looking for and they will call you every so often when something comes up.
    The last house I purchased, the agent called us first before it even went on the market, he was going out to inspect the property and by the sounds of it, he thought it was what we were looking for. He was right!
    The right agent can be of help. You could also ask him to send the real estate pages to you out of the local paper.

Profile photo of TeacherK6TeacherK6
    @teacherk6

Hey there Cattie

Take a look at my response under the question “what to look for when researching”

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3412

Just to add, u want growth as well im guessing, use realestate.com and do a “sold properties” search, which will show you how has the market has moved in the last year or so…

Happy hunting :)

Jason

Profile photo of BlackCatBlackCat
    Participant
    @blackcat

Most newspapers have web sites with current news stories and usually some useful links as well. I generally search for the name of the town & newspaper!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Finding the locality to invest in’ is closed to new replies.