All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Just starting – Advice wanted!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of SomeDudeSomeDude
    @somedude

Hi All :)

My partner and I watched the Today Tonight program last night and it has convinced us to try and build wealth through property investing. For sometime I have contemplated using investment properties but have not confidently understood where or how to start. We have just purchased our first home and plan to use the equity we build up for investment purposes in the future. Is this the long way to build wealth through property investing, is there a shorter or better way? Any advice welcome!

Darren

P.S. I also applied for one of the mentoring spots from the show last night. *fingers crossed*

Profile photo of kimberleykimberley
    @kimberley

darren, i also applied to the internet mentor program but with steve only taking two i dont like my chances,but i guess you have to be in it to win it.how long ago did you purchase your house?do you have any equity yet?if not you just have to be patient and cautious its not a get rich quick scheme.good luck. kimberley[:)]

Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

Darren, the first thing you need to do is start reading tonnes of literature about investing in real estate and then from there make a business plan. That means you need to decide what type in investing you wanna do. Eg, buy and hold, buy-renovate-sell etc etc…

Use the search engine on this website to help locate some excellent strings on books and other topics you may have questions for. It saves you asking hte same questions many of the forum people have already answered. From the string you have just looked at, all you need to do is add a reply and the string will go back to everyones attention. It is the easiest way to add your question and have it answered.

Hope this helps you. DO your background research and then think of what you want to do. Hubby and I have been on this website for about two months, read umpteen books (still ploughing through another three) and benefit from reading this forum each day. WE do not have any properties yet and are formulating our own plans, checking it and revising it for when we get home in Xmas time.

Good luck.
    Steph.

Success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.

Profile photo of SomeDudeSomeDude
    @somedude

quote:

darren, i also applied to the internet mentor program but with steve only taking two i dont like my chances,but i guess you have to be in it to win it.how long ago did you purchase your house?do you have any equity yet?if not you just have to be patient and cautious its not a get rich quick scheme.good luck. kimberley[:)]

Hi Kimberly,

Indeed. The odds are low but it’s always worth a shot. One thing we have learnt in buying our home is that having some experience helps enormously, so any chance to leverage someone’s experience is worth applying for.

We just purchased a couple of weeks ago so no equity yet. We realise it’s not a get rich quick scheme but as the cliche says, knowledge is power, and often there are better ways than what you may know.

Darren

Profile photo of Most excellentMost excellent
    @most-excellent

Hiya Darren,

Read then re read, some great books are Anita Bell’s ” your money ” & ” your mortgage “. [^]

Of course Steve’s book ! [;)]

And not to forget to mention this forum, priceless. [:D]

Michael
    just be

Profile photo of mschiefmschief
    @mschief

G’day all,

Well I myself applied for the mentoring on today tonight and I was given the motivation to start looking into property investment after watching today tonight. It seems very risky especially when you have no idea about property investment like myself. I like the advice you gave Scremin and will take that on board.
    I’ve partnered up with my sister in-law as both our husbands laughed at our idea. We’ll show them.
    Look forward to hearing how all of you go and I will certainly be hitting you experts all up for advice in my journey to financial freedom:)

Cheers
    MsChief

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Hi Steph

I was so please to read your response, you really are getting the hang of this forum thing![:D]

For the Newbie’s, success is 80% attitude and 20% action. You should believe that there is absolutely no reason why Steve wouldn’t pick you. Always believe that what you want is possible.

quote:

It seems very risky especially when you have no idea about property investment like myself.

Of course there is risk, only the megre return that the banks offer us is risk free. The key is minimising the risk and you do that with knowledge. Then you at least will be investing with your eyes open.

Most importantly guys remember the forum is the biggestest mentor around. Use it well[:D]

Good luck

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Read, learn, grow but most of all do it.

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Darren,

3 years ago I have no ideas of how to invest in properties. How I start of is just like you listen and watch the experts that have done it. One day I listen to talk-back radio who advertise about property investing seminar and decided to spended $48 for 4 hours seminar. From there I have learned and read many books and start investing in my first property after 3 months. I spended a fair bit of money to get knowledge and now up to my fifth IPs and looking to buy more IPs.

The books I readed from Jan Somers to Peter Spann, Steve McKnight and many other property investment related. The best way to find out what investment property are in store is to buy property investor magazine and at the back there are a lot of investment property books advertise or just go to http://www.businessmall.com.au to find out more about books and references.

Good luck with your investing and hope your dreams will come true.

Kind regards

Chandara
    [Keep going, you’re nearly reach the end of financial freedom]

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Darren,

3 years ago I have no ideas of how to invest in properties. How I start of is just like you listen and watch the experts that have done it. One day I listen to talk-back radio who advertise about property investing seminar and decided to spended $48 for 4 hours seminar. From there I have learned and read many books and start investing in my first property after 3 months. I spended a fair bit of money to get knowledge and now up to my fifth IPs and looking to buy more IPs.

The books I readed from Jan Somers to Peter Spann, Steve McKnight and many other property investment related. The best way to find out what investment property are in store is to buy property investor magazine and at the back there are a lot of investment property books advertise or just go to http://www.businessmall.com.au to find out more about books and references.

Good luck with your investing and hope your dreams will come true.

Kind regards

Chandara
    [Keep going, you’re nearly reach the end of financial freedom]

Profile photo of SomeDudeSomeDude
    @somedude

Thanks everyone who has passed on Author’s names, web links, or any other piece of information. I love information so I will be reading anything recommended to me.

Darren

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Just starting – Advice wanted!’ is closed to new replies.