All Topics / Forum Frolic / Wealth Creation Plan

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of HippychickHippychick
    @hippychick

So ive finally found the nerve to say hi and ask for some advice.

Ive been a regular spy to this site since purchasing Steves book over a month ago. Oh what a learning curve.

My husband and I have always believed that the universe would take care of us and our 4 beautiful children and money was never really a big issue for us, growing vegies and being happy was the main aim in life. In the last month Ive turned into what you might call a capitalist pig (much to my fathers delight) – And Im proud of it. Ive finally realised that we need to take care of our future and not put it out there into the ether. I guess you might say that we no longer live with our heads in the clouds.

So since reading Steves book, ive also read 12 other books (I dont watch TV), have read every thread on this site and checked out every other site referenced amoungst these threads. Im hooked.

Ill be a regular from here on in and will always use the search function to find answers to my questions before putting it to you all on the forum.

My question for today is in relation to creating a wealth plan. I guess this is similar to a business plan. Problem is I dont know where to start. I envisage doing a plan ourselves before seeing a financial advisor or three. Can anyone suggest a good book or website that will give a good proforma, nuts and bolts, things to include, type sketch.

Im bursting at the seams to get all of this new info out of my head and onto paper, just want it to make sence and not be a mish mash.

Cheers and thanks, Hippychick ………

“Freedoms just another word for – nothing left to lose”

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

Hi HappyChick…welcome out of the shadows.. [:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

[:)]
    “Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Profile photo of caddy222caddy222
    Participant
    @caddy222

Hi, it does to nerve to take your first dive in the forum. Welcome
    Caddy[8D] ….where there is muck there is money

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Hey hippychick. Good to see you out here. I always feel it is wise to make the most of your assets and abilities so as to enrich others along the way.

As to the plan. Try John Burley’s book. Also Richest man in Babylon.Think and grow rich… I really think that you are your best financial advisor. I gave up on them years ago when I realised that most of them don’t even actively invest themselves and that tehy are just used car salesman.

Write down what is important to you….what you want to achieve and by when you want to achieve it. From there the path begins…..

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end.

Profile photo of callumcallum
    Participant
    @callum

Good advice AD

Am interested to know the title of John Burley’s book you mentioned?

Very interested in property investment and keen as mustard to learn all I can. Perhaps this book would be of help.

Title please??

Many thanks [:)]

Profile photo of oswald_p_otteroswald_p_otter
    @oswald_p_otter

Hippychick,

as a newbie myself all I can add is to continue reading. The more you read the more you learn and learning is progress. The more you know the less inhibited you’ll be and the confident in your abilitites to take risks.

Like AD, I too am sceptical of so called financial advisors, but having said that if we hadn’t taken the plunge about four years ago we would still be umming and arring and our investment property has finally started making gains.

I’m yet to receive my copy of Steve’s book but as soon as I do I’ll be reading and learning again.

[^]

Regards
    Guido

Profile photo of HotpropertyHotproperty
    @hotproperty

Hey hippychick,i’ve read steve’s book and many others,such as Robert T Kyosaki, Jan somers which are also my favourite books and i also have probably one of the best Financial advisors that is an active property investor himself,which has put all of the investing into perspective and we’ll keep on buying more investments.Once you become a lanlord and get out there and be pro-active thats when it all comes together and you learn more,i found that you can read so much information,but all you need to do is use all of it and get out there and do it,after the first 2 investments there’s no more fear factor,its easy! Regards Bill Syd NSW[8D]

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Callum,

Here is the book.

Title: Money Secrets Of The Rich
    Author: John R Burley
    ISBN: 1929238002

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end.

Profile photo of investroninvestron
    @investron

reading all these books is well and good – but you have to put what you’ve read, into practice.

steve’s and jan’s books, i find the best.

don’t just know it

you have to do it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.