All Topics / The Treasure Chest / DISASTER HAS STRUCK!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

[:(][?]
    Yes people, disaster has struck my little bubble here in London. I applied for a teaching position (in Australia) next year only to find out that the people conducting the interviews and things DID NOT RECEIVE MY APPLICATION!!!

AAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!! I emailed it to them as the information pack said I can and I did not receive an email back but was expecting one by last Friday. I am absolutely guttered!

I just cannot believe that I may not have anything to go home to at Xmas time…. Jeez back to square one! I can’t believe it…[:(][:(]

[xx(][xx(]
    Steph.
    —One step forward, twenty four steps back—-

Success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.

Profile photo of bensonbenson
    Participant
    @benson

Don’t u just hate email, I’ve had dramas sending important stuff like that too (never as important as a job app though)

U still have time to apply to other schools though.

Good luck with the next one I’m sure you’ll get an even better one !

Stay positive.

Ben.

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi Screamin,

There are plenty of teaching jobs available, so don’t feel to disheartened. Although, that’s an awful thing to happen.
    I’m not sure what you teach, but if you want a good paying job, many Aussies are going to Japan to teach English. My cousin was one of them, not so long ago. Although be prepared to pay $15 AUD for an apple [:O] Maybe we are the lucky country !

Better Luck next time

Sooshie [:)]

“small steps make the journey” (SAS)

Profile photo of JapanScottJapanScott
    @japanscott

If you want to know about teaching English in Japan, I can offer some information as I am currently doing that.

Scott

Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

THanks guys,
    I have just got home from the gym. Burnt off some angry energy. Dodgy dodgy email, I should have rang to check it got there, but hey lack of forsight I am afraid.

I appreciate all your kind words. Drove to my friends house to chat to her and felt numb all over as this was a job I thought I could really make a go of. Oh well, as you have all said, there is lots of other jobs out there. It will just mean we wont be able to get a loan all that easily when we get home…

Oh dear. Bad bad day. To add to it all, I can’t work here at the moment because of all the ridiculous red tape. Immigration have had my passport for over two months!!! GRRRR.. So two blows in one day. It all comes in threes so I have one more to look forward to. Ho hum….
    Steph.

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Hi Steph

Just remember things ALWAYS happen for a reason. Whilst that job might have seemed like the answer it was never going to be.

It does however, leave the door open for “the” opportunity. And my experience has always been that it always comes along shortly after a big disappointment.

So good luck and keep yours eye open.

Cheers
    Leigh K

Read, learn, grow but most of all do it.

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Scremin,

Please stay positive, we all on your side.

Disaster has struck me before as well with different circumstance. Back in October 2001 I found out that my wife pregnant then I lose my job, suddenly all my IPs was vacant. No income only expenses everyday. But I was a bit lucky coz I have some redundant package to live with.

good luck to you, things will turn from bad to good soon.

Kind regards

Chandara
    [Keep going, you’re nearly reach the end of financial freedom]

Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel

Hello Scremin

When sending important emails, can alway request a “read receipt” that will let you know when the email has been read. Also it is proof that it has been read if they deny recieving it.

In outlook express, go to tools/options/receipts and then check the read receipt box.

Cheers Wayne

Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

Cheers Wayne, but I did that.

It didn’t really occure to me for a few days that I hadn’t received anything though. I have been extremely busy here working 12 hour days so by the time I have even had to think about the emails, I forgot about it all!

*******UPDATE!!!********

I ended up emailing the pirncipal of the school as I had called him originally about the position and seemed to have racked up a good rapport with him coz he is now chasing my application for me too!! So, maybe the position is for me if the Principal who I have NEVER met is looking for me!

Not only that, the company that they are using to screen applications has decided to let my application in as I resent it yesterday. All I have to do is sign a stat dec claiming I really did send it the first time!

Hee hee, I was brutally honest on why I wanted the position on my application. I told them that the selection criteria they had set I cannot claim to have successfully achieved because of the different education system I am teaching in and that they should employ me coz I am focussed on the individual child and their specific needs in the classroom. I don’t know how it will go down, but it will certainly be different from other applications!!! And that means they will remember it!

ANyway, thanks for all your positive suggestions and kinds words. I do feel lots better knowing there is such a support channel here.
    Luv yas!
    Steph.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘DISASTER HAS STRUCK!!!’ is closed to new replies.