All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Internet research How far do you have to go?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of storminstormin
    @stormin

Hi, Could anyone give me some hints on how far fron Sydney you have to go to find investments that fit the criteria? I have searched the internet without luck. Do I need to go to regional areas and investigate in person.

Stormin.

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Stormin

Welcome to the forum. This is probably on eof the hotest questions for a newbie and like all of us you will figure that out just by doing your research.

But as a general guide the medium and larger rural towns are the area most of us invest in.

As for going there yourself, it is probably a very good idea, albeit no always possible.

Good luck

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Read, learn, grow but most of all do it.

Profile photo of aj_2aj_2
    Participant
    @aj_2

did anyone see ACA last night they had property from around Aust eg: grenfell , vic , tas, wa, starting at 35k
    aaron

Profile photo of aj_2aj_2
    Participant
    @aj_2

did anyone see ACA last night they had property from around Aust eg: grenfell , vic , tas, wa, starting at 35k check out ACA website
    aaron

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

I beleive ACA only gave their viewers a “helicopter’s view” of potential investment propertys. Sure they were cheap but that was about all that was mentioned along with maybe a few minor specifics. Be sure first to conduct your due dillegence on the area to make sure that there is a market for rental properties, steady/booming population, positive rental yields, employment prospects etc. to term with your particular investing structure. The worst decision you could make is to get caught in the hype that the media is portraying without first considering the most important factors of investing, being to do your homework! =p

Profile photo of camvivcamviv
    Participant
    @camviv

Just remember that when you look at the “For Sale” on the websites a lot of them have “For Rent” as well its up to you to think if its worth it or not, but then again on a good deal what can you offer a tenant?

Another good resource is the ABS Australia Bureau of Statistics.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Internet research How far do you have to go?’ is closed to new replies.