All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Rich Dad Poor Dad

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Profile photo of ImstillhungryImstillhungry
    @imstillhungry

People have always communicated “true” concepts and principles couched in parabolic symbolism since the the evolution of complex and developed language. Story has always been the favourite medium for communicating thoughts, ideas and beliefs as many of the world’s most ancient manuscripts testify. The fact of the matter is, a true story doesn’t have to be true. I know that will really annoy some people, but the fact is that people think differently and appreciate dfferent things.

I appreciate the concept of truth through parable. It is inspiring and creative. Sure, RK could have written the basis of his first book in one paragraph, but the facts are boring and often need illustration to make sense. They also need repetition and reinforcement to become inculcated. So story is the perfect medium for such a process. “THE BOOK” is a story for that reason. Conclusion: RK is a great educator.

For many people the book is a godsend and they will go on to apply what they have learned and reap the benefits. Money well spent then[;)].

Others will find it difficult to appreciate these principle because they are presented in such a dynamic and creative context. If that is you, then maybe the book is not for you.

I read it, I loved it, I wish I had thought of it[:P] and I am engaged in a well thought out plan for financial independence because of it. You can’t argue with that. That is my experience.

Kind regards,
    Hungry[:D]
    PS: Please excuse my spelling[:I]

Profile photo of davo70davo70
    @davo70

Bruce you sound like a geniune Australian wanker! You very sarcastically put down the ideas and opinions of others on this forum and stand back with a superior attitude. I am a government worker who runs cabs on the side therefore I must be better than someone who got their idea money making idea from a book.

The people on this forum have chosen property as their preferred way to make money. Good luck to them (most Aussies sit on their bums and do nothing at all!) You have chosen to run cabs while working for the government. That is your choice.

My question is are you basically sitting there getting your jollies by being a sarcastic bastard? Because it does not sound like you have any interest in property investing!

So maybe you should spend more time concentrating on running your cab business!

davo70

Profile photo of cambo82cambo82
    Participant
    @cambo82

I think that regardless of the specific’s, Kiyosaki’s books have some concepts which are very relevant and useful.

I do also think that one shouldn’t just read one person’s idea of ‘becoming rich’… and instead read as many books as possible on the subject :) hehe

…………………
    The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.

Profile photo of CoolcatCoolcat
    Participant
    @coolcat

Hi EZ RENT

Just finished reading The Richest Man in Babylon
    never realized it was’nt true. thouht it was the best thing I ever read

quote:

Hi westan

You sum up very well that the book itself obviously helped you in a massive way.

But at the end of the day, were you aware when you first read it that it wasn’t true?

Do you think that the failure to disclose the true nature of the ‘Rich Dad’ story was purposely done to sell more copies, because a ‘true’ story would have more credibility to the readers?

I would class Kiyosaki in the same book category of “The Richest Man in Babylon”. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0451165209/002-2215860-9745642?v=glance

The difference is that with the Babylon book you know up front it is not a ‘true’ story..

[email protected]

EZ-Rent. The free tax and cashflow simulator for Australian property investors.
    http://www.ez-rent.com

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Rich Dad Poor Dad’ is closed to new replies.