All Topics / The Treasure Chest / Can I lease a property to myself?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of PhillipePhillipe
    @phillipe

If I have my own limited company, as a director are there any legal issues or any other types of issues with leasing one of my companies properties to myself?

Profile photo of walkernickwalkernick
    Participant
    @walkernick

I don’t think so…you can lease a property from your trust. But talk to your accountant

-Nick

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

hi Phillipe

the property would need to be owned by the company to do that. One issue in OZ is we don’t pay Capital Gains Tax on our own home so often it is best to buy in your own name. in some special situations it is worth buying the property in a compant or Family Trust. As Walkernick said it would be worth asking a switched on accountant. Where in the UK are you? my brother inlaw is in Osmington near Poole down in Dorset.

regards westan

Profile photo of PhillipePhillipe
    @phillipe

Thanks Mate I appreciate it..

quote:

I don’t think so…you can lease a property from your trust. But talk to your accountant

-Nick

@phillipe

Westan, I am in Maida Vale, London. Just sold my first IP in Sydney and figure it is time to use the funds to start building a portfolio but just don’t want to make any mistake, want a proper plan before I do anything, thank God for this forum..

Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

Hey Phillipe,
    Cremin and I are in Mitcham! Other side of London to you!

I went through your side of town the other day ont he way to the zoo. The difference in suburbs is huge over that side of town! I am glad I live south of the river I am afraid.

I can say that about the north part coz I also lived in Harlesden…[:O][:O][:O] I know!

How is it that you are buying and selling from here in UK? We are thinking of doing the same before we end up home.
    Cheers
    Steph.

Success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.

@phillipe

quote:

Hey Phillipe,

I went through your side of town the other day ont he way to the zoo. The difference in suburbs is huge over that side of town! I am glad I live south of the river I am afraid.

I can say that about the north part coz I also lived in Harlesden…[:O][:O][:O] I know!

How is it that you are buying and selling from here in UK? We are thinking of doing the same before we end up home.
    Cheers
    Steph.

@phillipe

Hey Steph, I am not going to be orchestrating this all from London, I am going to go back to Oz to begin my career in wealth creation via IP, within the next few months, fingers crossed.

quote:

Hey Phillipe,

Cheers
    Steph.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Can I lease a property to myself?’ is closed to new replies.